Kernowman

Come to sunny Cornwall

17 messages
19/10/2009 at 13:25

Has this one slipped under the pirate radar for next year? a 3/4 , a 1/2 and an Olympic all on the same day something for everyone, Being mid July the 3/4 or 1/2 IM  would be an ideal sharpener for anyone doing the Outlaw or IMUK  + Hayle Tri are top people who run great events link below anybody up for quick race then some pasties washed down with some pints of Skinners Betty Stoggs

Shortcut to: [u]http://www.hayletri.co.uk/Kernow%20Man.html[/u]

JD.    pirate
19/10/2009 at 13:39

this looks interesting and i've never heard of it before.  never been to cornwall to my knowledge so it's about time i got down there.  would thought it'd be too close to the Outlaw to be called a sharpner though.  might be a good one for the minted event junkies though.

i'll stick it on the site.

JD.
19/10/2009 at 14:01
kernowman is a new race but Hayle have been putting on great races for a few years now
19/10/2009 at 14:07
great idea max and looks good but 2 problems

1. Hayle is a long way away for many
2. a lot of us are heading to Roth in Germany for that weekend's exercise

btw - I owe you an a-mail of thanks for the Langster which arrived safe and sound and is currently being built up for Petal. apologies.....
19/10/2009 at 14:13

FB glad it arrived safe and sound and you are pleased spent the dosh on nice new nortwave bike shoes luverly!

Yep Cornwall is out on a limb but there are some great campsites in the Mounts Bay area a nice long weekend in Cornwall and Hayle/Marizion is alovely place for a quick break.

Its the other way for me Cornwall is home and everywhere else is a long way  

19/10/2009 at 14:18
agree - wherever you live at the extremities anywhere else is a long way away....there are some great events 'oop Narth but they're one hell of a hack from Sussex and I can get to European events just as quickly driving!

I like Cornwall - last time I was there was a visit to the Eden project and maybe I'll take a peek at this for 2011 and make a trip of it
kittenkat    pirate
19/10/2009 at 14:50
I might come and play.
19/10/2009 at 14:51
I used to live in Helston so know Cornwall pretty well, I used to love going to Marazion, and Hayle as well.
19/10/2009 at 15:09
There is a pretty good camping/caravan park at Mounts Bay I stayed at the last time I did the Marizion Half IM its even got a swimming pool I will try and find out what it was called, that was a good year (2006), big seas , swim shortened to two laps, high wind, driving rain and fog on the bike then the sun came out on the run and boiled ustough race!
JD.    pirate
19/10/2009 at 19:20
any idea what the bike course is like?  how many meters of climbing?
JD.
AndrewSmith    pirate
19/10/2009 at 19:24
Not many!
   pirate
19/10/2009 at 21:51
Cornwall....that'll be hilly then!
20/10/2009 at 07:54
You can make a sure bet the bike will be "challenging" as its Cornwall not sure about the run the half IM they put on is flat along the sea wall/path to penzance from Mounts bay and back
20/10/2009 at 13:45

I'm doing the Hayle Half IM that weekend.

I'm looking forward to it.

20/10/2009 at 18:59
210BPM are you doing the Hayle half IM on the 22/05/2007 or the Cormoran  1/2 IM thats part of the Kernowman in July? the May race is realy nice I in fact its my 50th birthday on the 23rd so I may treat myself to a half IM outing and the Kernowman in July
21/10/2009 at 10:18
My bad - I had no idea there were two events.

I'm doing the Hayle Half IM on 22/5/2010.

I've now looked at the website again and reckon that those events look really cool - they could pick a bit#h of a run course though....which would add to the fun.

If I have enough energy left after June then I might be up for some fun in July.
21/10/2009 at 10:48
Unles they have changed it since 2006 the 22/5 run is dead flat along the sea front path to Penzance and back a couple of times nice and easy unless there is an offshore wind blowing in one direction we also had to dodge waves braeking over the seawall grat bike course on that one

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
17 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.