Ladies Tri Short

Recommendations

10 messages
21/03/2014 at 15:51

Can any ladies recommend a good tri short for middle distance events?
So no change tent so no putting on cycling shorts in T1 option but 56 miles on the bike so need something with a decent ladies pad in them.
My personal preference is a wide non draw string waist band often referred to as yoga style.
I wondered what you ladies wore and would recommend? 

21/03/2014 at 15:54

I like the 2xu ones but I think they do have a drawstring. If you get the endurance ones (I think) they have a pocket on each leg too which is great for carrying gels and an inhaler without them bouncing around in your jersey pocket.

21/03/2014 at 16:52

I'm dong a middle in August and had intended to wear a Tri Suit.  Not helpful really.

seren nos    pirate
21/03/2014 at 17:28

I have used pirate shorts for all distances...i do all my cycling in tri shorts.....sugio are good and I get on with the more miles but i think both have drawstrings..but never hjad a problem with that......the padding isn't great but you really want minimal padding or it will get socking lie a nappy in the swim and stick out during the run

21/03/2014 at 18:06

2xu for me. Seren makes a good point about the padding.

21/03/2014 at 19:20

I second the 2xu ones I wear them all the time and they are good for keeping my wobbly bits none wobbly

Red Stripe    pirate
22/03/2014 at 14:35

I used Sugio for Henly Half last year and as long as you ride, swim and run in them before hand then they are very comfy.

The Sugoi did have a draw string but the first thing i do is pull it out, not required as shorts have a slight compression fit, or I'm just wearing a size too small for me !

M...eldy    pirate
22/03/2014 at 17:36

2XU or Sugoi Piston Tri for me ...

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
22/03/2014 at 20:28

Pirate shorts for me.

26/03/2014 at 10:25

Or to look at 2XU and Sugoi gear thanks for all the suggestions.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.