Lady cyclists only please

help!

61 to 80 of 80 messages
M.
09/01/2006 at 16:27
bibtights over the top for winter obviously (i'm not trying to get frozen to my bike!)

actually i've been stealing venom's bibtights the last couple of times i've gone out!
M.
09/01/2006 at 16:36
Cath, my doc told me to drink lots of lemon barley water when I had a bout a while ago, worth a try. Ahhh, lemon barley water!
debbo    pirate
09/01/2006 at 16:39
M - are those shorts tri shorts or fully padded bike shorts?
M.
09/01/2006 at 16:40
debbo - those are fully padded bike shorts.
M.
09/01/2006 at 16:43
Erm ... 2Ts - does that lady have really, reallly big hands?
cougie    pirate
09/01/2006 at 16:45
No - just really really small b**bs.
09/01/2006 at 16:46
well, I didn't like to be rude, in the interests of sisterhood, obviously...
cougie    pirate
09/01/2006 at 16:48
Not that there is anything wrong with small b*bs of course.
09/01/2006 at 16:52
It's not the size, it's what you do with it.

What?
would that be small b*ts and b*bs?
my boobs have shrunk.
09/01/2006 at 16:53
what you do with *it*, Nessie?

[scrutinizes boobage in consternation]
09/01/2006 at 16:54
I have no opinion either way as to the size of her hands.

(Nowt wrong with small boobs)
09/01/2006 at 16:59
I was just continuing Cougie's theme.

Nothing wrong with small boobs
It's not the size...
The cheque's in the post

etc.
09/01/2006 at 17:28
roflol.

:oD
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
09/01/2006 at 20:49
you need to talk to Monique, she's perfected some kind of home-made gel insert for her shorts (cut-up Scholls?)
DTs
09/01/2006 at 21:54
I can't beleive that this thread has been going for over 4 hours and nobody has suggested diluting the cranberry juice with vodka to make it more palatable.

There you go Cath, don't say I never do anything for you!
28/01/2013 at 10:17
I suffer with this dreadfully to the point when I finish a ride I'm already weeing blood and its straight onto the antibiotics that I keep for this reason! I have however found that damage limitation consists of crucially drinking lots. A wee mid cycle will flush out any nasties but most importantly of all, wash your Betty and slather in an antibacterial barrier cream. I use sudocrem or that moo stuff although a little thin. Also apply to padding. Have a big drink on your return and wash Betty ASAP! It's the bane of my life. I'm sat here suffering now instead of cycling because I didn't do the above! We are all different anatomically. Leaking wee, sweat and bacteria from our skin has a party in our shorts while we cycle and the cystitis is the hangover!
29/01/2013 at 19:56

Maybe a change of saddle would help. I was talking to a lady clubmate  who had changed to an Adamo saddle and was very pleased with it.

16/05/2013 at 02:54

Anyone constantly taking antibacterials for the symptoms of cystitis needs to get checked out for urino-genital warts that may be growing in the bladder and/or the urethra.

In her early twenties, my wife had suffered terribly from cystitis since her mid-teens. She was in constant pain and constantly taking course after course of antibacterials to little avail.

A regular annual check-up showed that my wife had pre-cervical-cancer warts growing on her cervix, a common condition. She had these removed with laser treatment. I put it to the hospital registrar overseeing her case that it was possible that she had similar warts growing in her urinary system. He said he had never heard of such a case and of course pooh-poohed my theory.

My poor wife was at her wit's end so I insisted that the registrar take a look. Lo and behold, what do you think he found? Yep, not just one but many cervical-type warts growing in my wife's bladder and in her urethra. All were zapped using the same laser.

Result - all symptoms of cystitis disappeared for good, never to return. The registrar was so impressed he said he intended to write it up as a case study and submit it for publication. Don't think he ever did though.

Bottom line - get your urethra and bladder checked out for obstructions caused by urino-genital warts and other lesions.

Edited: 16/05/2013 at 02:58

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 80 of 80 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.