Lard Arse

Training for the Outlaw

21 to 28 of 28 messages
Doner Kebab    pirate
05/03/2013 at 18:07

i lost a shed load a couple of years ago just by logging my food on myfitnesspal.com, keep to a 500 cal deficit per day = 3500 a week = 1lb = simples

only eat stuff that you can log - dont guess, only eat when you can log it, either on computer or paper. i read that a lot of people forget about 20% of what they have eaten if they leave it until the end of the day to log it, 

6 stone in about 8 months - it aint rocket science but it does require a $hitload of commitment

iron fraggle    pirate
05/03/2013 at 18:13

Good going DK

(stupid question Pix - are you wearing your hrm when training? If I don't then the garmin's idea of how many calories burned can be a bit out)

The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/03/2013 at 18:35
Fab dk
Fraggle I use my hrm the whole time now
iron fraggle    pirate
05/03/2013 at 18:49

just checking

Doner Kebab    pirate
05/03/2013 at 19:02

the following image may be offensive and might even make some people cry

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/606362/gallery/slimmer_world_mug_shot_2_1.jpg?width=350

here you go - its not me at my best but a cheesy slimmers world shot with my old trousers was a must

The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/03/2013 at 19:16
Wow impressive
Doner Kebab    pirate
05/03/2013 at 21:34

thanks EP/fraggle but i have been up and down like a yoyo since that was taken but thankfully im about 4lb lighter than that now, christmas is always my undoing,

..and birthdays 

..and BBQs

... and cake

IronChris68    pirate
06/03/2013 at 10:12

I started this to lose weight and get fit, since 1st January I have lost 2 stone according to the scales, and according to clothes a lot more than that.

I started by reading "The end of overeating-taking control of our Insatiable appetite" by David Kessler, this opened my eyes to the food we eat and why we eat it. I then changed my diet and in a big way, out went a lot of processed stuff, as well as crisps, biscuits etc. In came fruit and fresh food, lots of fresh food as well, plenty of fresh peppers, salad, veg, chicken, turkey etc.  I also got the Hairy Dieters cook book, some stunning food in there, curries, sweet and sour etc

Immediately after training I have a Rego drink, this calms the hunger pangs, I drink lots of water, drinking water has the same affect on hunger signals that your body sends out as eating a pie does, hence lots of water for me,  and I allow myself treats, I am still allowed bacon which is a bonus! But I have noticced that when eating meals I leave the carbs rice\pasta\potatoes\which bread alone or tend not to eat it all, it took 3 weeks to really get into it and I feel so much beter, healthier and not picking up as many illnesses, I stir fry a lot of food with very little oil, but chicken, peppers, spinich, bit of chorizo, some chilli and pineapple with salad, my plate is running over and comes in a less calories than the pie I used to eat.

Once you get used to the change and it is a big change then you will see improvements and very rapidly, as the training intensifies then you can eat more, but eat more of the good stuff

Chris

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.