Lard assisted buoyancy

Do pies help you float?

21 to 24 of 24 messages
Doner Kebab    pirate
08/02/2013 at 19:59

hi Matwitt - youre the same weight and the same height as me when i started out nearly 2 years ago, It wont be the the loss of fat that makes you quicker or slower itll more likely to be the increased aerobic fitness that will enable you to swim longer and more effortlessly which should in turn make you faster or at least in better shape when you hit the bike. Oh and i wasnt broad shouldered and had to lose nearly a half a bloke to resemble anything like fit ish, plod away and itll all come good, just dont ask me for dietary or training advice

08/02/2013 at 20:46

Much appreciated Doner. My worry really is that Ill get slower as I get thinner as Ill have less intergrated flotation! 

Doner Kebab    pirate
08/02/2013 at 21:01

well, i got faster, but saying that i couldnt swim 25m even so i have no idea.

08/02/2013 at 21:13

The first thing I learned was that Swimming is hard, because unlike other stuff where you can slow down when youre tired, when you get tired, you drown. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.