Let's celebrate shorter and faster in triathlon!

(Not a sexual thread, sorry)

61 to 66 of 66 messages
kittenkat    pirate
13/06/2012 at 16:38

Here's an example... One of our best female club runners regularly wins 10ks, she's a female vet over 45. She is a great runner and has proved that at longer distances, but now very wisely has chosen to kick back to 10k and dominate that scene against much younger women.

13/06/2012 at 16:44

Cheers Seren, congrats on your DIM, your cache of awards look well impressive. Going back to shorter distances has actually r<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 10pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;" lang="EN-GB">ejuvenated my training, knowing how important a good swim is I've actually been trying to improve my stroke rather than just getting to a point where I can complete the 3.8k in a semi reasonable shape. So its back to drills in the pool, intervals on the bike and I hope some track work in the near future.

kittenkat    pirate
13/06/2012 at 16:50

Pebble, I'm going to try the dreaded track work... I really want to concentrate on speed. Not that it will ever happen for me in swimming

13/06/2012 at 17:24

Pebble - likewise 

swimming has focused on getting quicker and sustaining more effort, bike rides have been short and reasonably hard with a few eyeballs out sessions (one tonight over 20km), but my running has been zilch to crap due to chronic plantar fasciitis since January.  that's taking longer to clear up than I hoped - it might be cortisone next....

my tris over the next 2 weekends are going to hurt on the run and hurt more in the heel after, but at least I might as well go balls out for the swim and bike and see how well I can hang on in the run - pain or no pain

Doozer.    pirate
14/06/2012 at 07:40

I train the same in the pool if doing a oly or IM.  Most of my masters swim sessions involve lots of short intevals and 4-5 times swimming 3-4k helps any distance.  My 400 pb (5.37) was set last year at the end of IM training.  I think swimming is a different beast than running or cycling, you still need to put the time in for shorter length races.  But more 100's and 50 intervals rather than 3-400s.  And lots of them

kittenkat    pirate
14/06/2012 at 07:48

Sorry to hear about the pf fb, when I had it I remember it was a bugger to get rid of. Was yours caused by a tight achillies?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 66 of 66 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.