Little Race on Sunday

In Case Anyone's Interested

181 to 188 of 188 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
27/06/2007 at 10:06
Trickster - the beer mile is good support, but nothing beats the Solarer Berg, go to the website www.challenge-roth.com, click on Bildergalerie 2007, then Das Rennen, then Solarer Berg. Great pics of what it's like to ride up there, only 800m hill but packed with cheering rattle-waving crowds.
28/06/2007 at 11:09
some of the photo's are up on marathon-photo.com.
IW is 318 and the relay team 3337
28/06/2007 at 12:02
can't find it jo, can you do a linky please?
debbo    pirate
28/06/2007 at 12:06
IW it's marathon-photos.com

Donald    pirate
28/06/2007 at 13:44
IW Well done on your valiant efforts despite not being 100%. I hope you get back to full fitness soon.

..and well done LJS, Jo and Doug.
29/06/2007 at 05:58
ok, found the bike ones and ordered a couple. Started trawling through the swim exit pics but gave it up after a while.
29/06/2007 at 06:20
During the bike on Sunday, I stopped several times to massage my foot. One time a van pulled up next to me and a guy asked if I needed any help. I said no. Then a bunch of people got out and one asked if they could interview me - I said yes but don't take long I need to get going. Next thing I know there's a mike under my nose and a camera aimed at me. The reporter asked if I was o.k., did I want to continue? Natch I replied that I didn't want a lift thanks, I would continue the race. He asked why and I said something like because you don't quit when it gets tough, a couple more questions along those lines and about my ankle and I got back on my bike and promptly forgot about it. John went bike training on Wed and was immediately asked how's the TV star? Then again last night at club swimming, a couple of guys who had seen it were telling everyone else.

I thought the camera guys were just making a race video for local use - but they were from Bayerischer Fernsehen, a major German channel!
JD.    pirate
29/06/2007 at 07:02
famous! well done.
JD.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
181 to 188 of 188 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.