lock laces

6 messages
07/06/2004 at 23:01
I've followed the instructions, but here's the problem, i have fairly narrow feet, so the trainers have to be done up tight.
It says to tie a knot the other side of the locking mechanism, i understand wht it needs to be done, but i can't get the trainers off?!?!? so come transition on a upcoming duathlon i am tempted to put the laces back on.

What advice does anyone have??
cougie    pirate
07/06/2004 at 23:22
Never had a problem with mine - but I haven't got particularly narrow feet.

Do your trainers need to be tight ? New Balance do shoes in different widths - maybe that's what you need ?

I've never had a shoe come off on me in 3 years of using them, but I wouldn't use them for a X country event where the mud would suck the trainers off.
08/06/2004 at 09:17
am with cougs on this - never had a problem with lock laces at all. in fact why bother with the knot as the locks will still do up tight anyway.
08/06/2004 at 13:29
Have been back to shop "FRONT RUNNER" and he said same as you buddha, he's bever bothered with the knots either, cheers both of you!
08/06/2004 at 14:15
glad you have it sorted BB - I use lock laces all the time in my trainers - not just for tris - as I think they are more comfortable to run with as they allow the foot to expand naturally.....like cougs I only use laces in off roaders 'cos of "mud suck"
13/06/2004 at 19:04
What do George Michael and offroad shoes have in common?

They both get sucked off in bogs.

I thank you.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.