Looking for a new bike?

Might have a deal for you..

5 messages
BryanTheSnail (M.)    pirate
27/04/2012 at 16:37

Anybody out there looking for a new bike?

As a result of having a couple of bikes nicked from my shed I have been offered an insurance replacement.  Due to various circumstances I am not really looking for another bike at the moment.  I am already losing out big time on the replacement valuation I have been offered and if I don't get another bike I lose out completely.

So - anybody like me to order a new bike for them which I can then pass on at a discount?  Value has to be over £1000  - no upper limit.  If so, message me through RW and we will see what can be worked out.

27/04/2012 at 18:39
What's the deal Bryan - does it have to come from a certain shop, have to be a full bike or can it be a frame, wheels or whatever ?

Sorry they are messing you about with the valuation anyway.
BryanTheSnail (M.)    pirate
27/04/2012 at 19:09
It has to come from appointed cycle shop, mail order, full bike + any accessories.
debbo    pirate
28/04/2012 at 15:51
it's not a dodgy deal, honest - we were hoping for cash as BtS has retired from cycling and so have I, but they are insisting on a replacement bike - grrrr
]
Dustboy    pirate
28/04/2012 at 17:23
Insurers have the option and right to repair, replace or reinstate as they choose, but it does seem a bit harsh.

Doe the cycle shop do bikes only or other stuff as well (like Halfords)? They might be prepared to do a deal. It does happen, especially if you used the "credit" towards something else.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.