Well if we start with food and work backwards. nice looking cafe here in West Street and parking in West Street car park is £1 for all day Sunday. And there are forced to be loos in Marlow.
there is a great cafe in the park if the weather is fine.
But then again, The pub at Hambledon is probably a better bet. Parking in Hambledon village which I'm sure has a car park - beautiful spot, shouldn't be too busy with hikers this time of year. Lets go for that. And there are loos at the end of the road at Mill End car park.
10.30 start? I'll find a postcode for the car park
Foiled again - the pub is closed for refurbishment.
so just meet at Mill End Car park, just off the main road from Marlow towards Henley as you turn right to go to Hambledon village. Car park on the left. Its free and on the bike route. We can sort out food at the end - loads in Marlow depending on weather.
There - easy.
I'm in, subject to discussing it with Mrs Cat5.......
I can then run to the in-laws Saturday instead, and get cake on arrival. Must try not to laugh at DB.
Sorry DB - I think Marlow and Henley are too posh for Maccy Ds.
Bender in a bun, followed by a brown Derby.
I used to work in a Wimpy...
Looking forward to it but I think I'll pack a thermos too.
Most of it was OK, typical UK winter surface, slighly damp. The main road bits were fine but there were some mean old potholes there even on those.
The more foresty bits were deffo more mucky with 2 wheel just tarmac tracks on occasion with mud either side and down the middle. There was one bit about ten feet across that was manky, wet, slippery and yuk.
I'd say 80% of it was fairly easily navigable on road wheels & tyres but on the remaining 20%, Mr Smug-Git here was pulling away nicely on the cyclocross knobblies and I felt much more sure footed all the way around. The lumps and bumps were a lot less severe as well.
Does that help?
BTW, we are hoping to go back for a few more laps soon, so maybe join us and see what you think?
The climb out of transition is quite fun.
Dustboy wrote (see)
Does that help?BTW, we are hoping to go back for a few more laps soon, so maybe join us and see what you think?
Unfortunately, I am away on 18th Feb.
I might be up for the following week.
Sure Soupy will be along in a bit though. She did a grand job last time.
Visit the official Triathlete's World page
Follow Triathlete's World on Twitter
Other Natmag-Rodale Sites
About Triathlete's World