Mens Tri - Tuesday 7th August 1130am

Pirate Corner

21 to 40 of 134 messages
Iron Muffin    pirate
26/07/2012 at 13:33

Golde Boots, shouldnt you keep away? We don't want our medal hopes dashed by twisted ankles or a DNF

26/07/2012 at 14:40
Iron Muffin wrote (see)

Golde Boots, shouldnt you keep away? We don't want our medal hopes dashed by twisted ankles or a DNF

I'd like to think Helen Jenkins has better taste, but GB on the sidelines winking at the Aussie girls might distract them for a bit?! They're a bit short sighted!

OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
26/07/2012 at 15:00

i was planning on taking a day off (some time off in leiu) so I am up for this as well.

Golden Boots    pirate
26/07/2012 at 15:30
Gladys M. wrote (see)
Iron Muffin wrote (see)

I'd like to think Helen Jenkins has better taste, but GB on the sidelines winking at the Aussie girls might distract them for a bit?! They're a bit short sighted!

Whatever... I will just stand somewwhere near the finish line and take my top off... then we will have a real race!

TheEngineer    pirate
26/07/2012 at 16:41

Don't get too close to the finish line mate, you might need a lie down.

26/07/2012 at 16:41
Yep, we will be there, staying at Bloomsbury mon/tues/wed so up for meet up min night, early pirate corner Tuesday, then out later ?
26/07/2012 at 17:05

Oh let me check the diary....nope working again....

26/07/2012 at 17:32

you need to get a new diary FF! That one is shite!

26/07/2012 at 17:43

I'd like one that comes with a better job tbh.

IronCat5    pirate
29/07/2012 at 21:52

Hmmm............maybe. I have the week off for DIY, but the plasterer has let us down, so may visit.the big smoke.

Anyone going to the TT on Wednesday?

29/07/2012 at 21:53

We're going up for the women's, will ask Funkin for input 'cos I'm rubbish at stuff like this...will report back

Mr Footed, it's pants. I feel for you. I do. If it makes you feel a smidge better, we also weren't allowed leave except in exceptional circumstances, we do get our days off though...

Golden Boots    pirate
30/07/2012 at 11:27

Cat - I'll be there for the TT, are you around for it? Where abouts?

Mrs. F - possibly the most pro-Olympics person I have on faceybookey right now... I love it

30/07/2012 at 11:39

I'll be going up for the women's as well- I think Orca is also over for that weekend.

Slightly bigger map of the venue

http://www.britishtriathlon.org/britain/documents/london-2012/british_triathlon_london_2012_olympic_triathlon_course_map.pdf

I've got a ticket for the TT so I'll be in the finishing area (*beam*)

IronCat5    pirate
30/07/2012 at 13:09

Enjoy the finish area FeFe.

GB - planning to be at Weston Green in Esher. The outound leg cuts through it, and the inbound leg goes past the other side of it. There will be a big screen and I think a pub.

If it helps you remember it's the green we cycled through after the horrendously bumpy road surface, before diverting around the back of Sandown.

I'm aiming to be there in time to watch both the women's and men's TT.

Golden Boots    pirate
30/07/2012 at 14:23

Yeah I know it... might be a bit of a mission to get to though as it's on the wrong side of the course if coming from the North.

Supposed to be 'working from home' in the morning as well, so cant leave for the Women's. Think I may just head to Sigma to catch it outside there and watch it on the screens, but worried it could be horrendously busy!!

30/07/2012 at 14:51

I am happy as Fab will probably be riding on Wednesday...if Wiggo can't win, then I would like Spartacus please. His quote, "I'm a hard man"...ahem.I think Funkin should get him for me as a Limpets souvenir, I will get him a BV player

GB, glad to be of service. I am literally bounding around like a crazy woman wearing Wenlock hair clips...watching all kinds of random stuff...including the ladies BV which is sooo much fun! They have music and dancers and they are so very fit and lithe. Amazing. No wonder the tickets sell out!

Anyway, I am back to the sailing now. Go Ben!

Cheerful Dave    pirate
30/07/2012 at 15:57

I've noticed a passing resemblance between Funkin and Spartacus, Mrs F.  In appearance obviously, rather than the ability to ride into barriers at high speed.

I had to laugh when it got so cold that the beach volleyball players wore full body outfits rather than the usual bikinis.  I don't think that's what the organisers had in mind...

M...eldy    pirate
30/07/2012 at 17:52

I think I may head in to Kingston or Teddington for the TT ... It would be rude not too I think

WIll also go in on Saturday to see the womens Tri and see if I can find a good location for Pirate Corner for the mens

30/07/2012 at 18:34
Me and Sue will be down late Friday so will be around on Saturday for the women's tri
30/07/2012 at 22:47

Hehe, CD, a pal of mine was at the BV and she said it was freezing by the end of the session! As for the Funkin/Spartacus thing, you've never seen them in the same room, have you 

21 to 40 of 134 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.