Mens Tri - Tuesday 7th August 1130am

Pirate Corner

41 to 60 of 134 messages
31/07/2012 at 11:57

I plan to take the wife and kids down to see both the womens and mens tri. Bit confused but the sport where the number 3 is on the map that mrs funkin posted seems like a good place to watch for free. Is that right?

Golden Boots    pirate
02/08/2012 at 14:01

Is anyone going down early on Saturday morning? I plan to get there about 8ish probably, but not sure where I will head to

And plans for Tuesday?

02/08/2012 at 14:06
Yep me & Suzie are planning to be there Sat. Fig B on the map ! Not sure if we are meant to be inside or outside the route ?
02/08/2012 at 14:27

Dave, I think the B is in the posh ticketed bit, which is outside the bike and run route. Pirate corner is outside the run route but inside the cycle route, which probably requires getting there before kick-off as I don't think they'll want to risk a bike meets spectator event. 

02/08/2012 at 14:29

Where exactly is pirate corner?

02/08/2012 at 14:30
Don't try to type and eat I meant 3
Edited: 02/08/2012 at 14:31
02/08/2012 at 14:33

She who must be obeyed suggested:-

M...eldy wrote (see)

South Carriage Drive by the junction of West Carriage Drive is looking favourite as the bikes go past 7 times and it is close to the Pop Up Shop, toilets and South Ken or Knightsbridge tube

02/08/2012 at 14:34

FF thx. I'll head on over there and look for the crazy people in pirate clothing

Tommygun2    pirate
02/08/2012 at 14:38

I'm comming up on Saturday with the kids, plan is to get there around 8am..ish. I was planning to go to where the no 3 is on the map but might just wait and see how the crowds are on the morning.

Golden Boots    pirate
02/08/2012 at 14:57

I will be heading over on the bike with a rucksack full of beer

02/08/2012 at 15:00

Whereas I shall most likely be watching Saturday Morning's race from my bed!!

And I have managed to persuade the bosses that  we really need to have Tuesday's race on on the TV in reception!!

M...eldy    pirate
02/08/2012 at 17:58

Dont look for Pirate kit!!  Red,WHite & Blue is the order of the day!!

The womens Tri starts at 0900 so yes aiming to get there for about 8 I think ...
Will use Saturday as a dress rehearsal for Tuesday

Gladys, you have my number so most of us will find each other I think
If any one wants my number feel free to mail me

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
02/08/2012 at 22:21
M...eldy wrote (see)

Dont look for Pirate kit!!  Red,WHite & Blue is the order of the day!!

The womens Tri starts at 0900 so yes aiming to get there for about 8 I think ...
Will use Saturday as a dress rehearsal for Tuesday

Gladys, you have my number so most of us will find each other I think
If any one wants my number feel free to mail me

i'll PM you Melds.... planning to head towards 3 on my map (if I can find map again) and will be there for 8am

TheEngineer    pirate
02/08/2012 at 22:54

Got the day off. I'll be there.

funkin-baby    pirate
03/08/2012 at 09:06

Cycling into work this morning there's barriers aplenty up on the bike route now and a huge (and I mean absolutely huge) TV screen has been put up very close to the big 2012 shop on South Carriage Drive.

Tommygun2    pirate
03/08/2012 at 09:27

South Carriage it is then, thanks for the info fukin

How long would it take to walk from Charring Cross 20 mins ??

funkin-baby    pirate
03/08/2012 at 11:03

It's about 2 miles away I think, so I'd allow plenty more time than that personally. Unless you want to jog it...

03/08/2012 at 12:14
funkin (4.) wrote (see)

Cycling into work this morning there's barriers aplenty up on the bike route now and a huge (and I mean absolutely huge) TV screen has been put up very close to the big 2012 shop on South Carriage Drive.

At the TT the screen was inside the paying section and non-paying people had to try and peek through the fence. They had actually gone to the effort of putting covers around the metal fences so you could not peek through much of it. Is that the same here or is the screen in the free section? Also which end of south carriage drive is the screen - the hyde park corner end? Sounds like a great place to watch from! Thanks for the heads up.

funkin-baby    pirate
03/08/2012 at 12:26

If you are on South Carriage Drive by the barracks entrance its on the grass dead opposite in a free non-ticketed area.  It's behind the 2012 shop.  And did I say it was huge!  So... you could probably watch the bike riders race along south carriage drive then go up to the big screen to watch the run, or try and squeeze into any gaps along the run route that goes along the south side of the serpentine.

I agree that tomorrow is a bit of a trial run for the main event on Tuesday, where its going to be so so busy down there.

funkin-baby    pirate
03/08/2012 at 12:27

When I say trial run I mean no disrespect to the girls, as I think this could be an amazing race tomorrow, but there might be a bit more scope for moving around tomorrow whereas on Tuesday once you've got your spot you stay there till the end.

41 to 60 of 134 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.