Mentors and Mentee's thread 2014

101 to 120 of 267 messages
20/07/2013 at 11:36

Has ur name now been simplified to suckup? 

20/07/2013 at 12:23

He's even more of a creep than that as he prequalified me reading the post with the comment of "I don't think of you as a pirate"

seren nos yn canu    pirate
20/07/2013 at 12:27

He thinks of you as a godess

20/07/2013 at 12:29

AndrewSmith    pirate
20/07/2013 at 13:31

Seren I am younger than you 

20/07/2013 at 13:45

Why has KK been banned? I wondered where her thread had gone, if this is true who gets to decide who's banned, and what happened to taking the more "controversial" posts with a large bit of tounge in cheek I used to enjoy MMs vitriolic outbursts

M...eldy    pirate
20/07/2013 at 13:59

Do we care?

Smiffy, good recovery 

20/07/2013 at 14:16

Melds just wondered what is so bad that you get the shove?

seren nos yn canu    pirate
20/07/2013 at 14:23

Max..........Cakes post all disappeared a while back....could be similar error thing or maybe something done is private or on another site.........

but as its nothing to do with the mentors thread lets move on...

Smiffy you are ancient compared to my young self.........and no one on here is going to believe a word you say

Doner Kebab    pirate
20/07/2013 at 18:38

i wouldnt say that Seren is old but at the aid station they shout out "water, high5, zimmer?" 

only joking seren, dont want you tripping me up as i lap you at AT

20/07/2013 at 19:03

I'm happy to mentor anyone with their swimming but it would have to be someone who was already proficient on the bike and run as I'm no good at them and can't really offer advice.  Or I could be a secondary mentor for someone who feels that they need two people to help with their swimming.

Qualifications:  Five years ago I was scared shitless of the sea and now I can swim forever.  Willing to travel to accompany a beginner on their first ow swim, or they can join me in the Nene around Peterborough way.

20/07/2013 at 23:16

Smiffy is young and youthful and very believable, when you have lived with him and got to know him like I have you would realise what a wonderful, compassionate and caring human being he is. 

No wonder my nickname for him at home is 'God'

M...eldy    pirate
20/07/2013 at 23:30

Why do I think Cas doesn't know she has posted this yet .,,.

BluePeter    pirate
22/07/2013 at 13:56

Not offering full mentorship as I'm clearly not qualified enough! However, as a very recent newbie...ie Outlaw 2013.I'm more than happy to give advice/my views on doing your first IM.

Not sure if SA is taking/taken anyone on yet but he comes highly recommended! 

Pudge    pirate
22/07/2013 at 13:59

I think I saw you say in another thread that you are North West based BP?  If so, I wouldn't mind hooking up for some bike rides at some point, to get a practical gauge on training pace etc.

BluePeter    pirate
22/07/2013 at 14:08

Yes I'm in Cheshire Pudge. Happy to hook up for a ride some time...

22/07/2013 at 14:34

Pudge / BP as i am local (ish) i wouldnt mind a few longer rides early next year to gauge how things are going before my first IM

Also if you fancy hitting some welsh hills let me know - i am about 8 miles from the horseshoe pass in llangollen (although i tend to avoid it)

22/07/2013 at 16:22

I ran the Horseshoe Pass about 4 years ago in about half a foot of snow it was an awesome run

24/07/2013 at 11:55

the horseshoe is good fun - especially coming down it on a bike

M...eldy    pirate
24/07/2013 at 21:18

Just giving this a bump up

With apologies to those I have not been able to help ... for the newbies around, this was predominantly an IM mentor/mentee arangement which pretty much started all those years ago when the first intrepid pirates returned and the rest of us fools jumped on the bandwagon

There absolutely will be the fast whippets out there who can impart their wisdom for sprints & Olys and the like but do a bit of stalking and get to know people and get that connection first  

Any lurkers that are wondering what on earth this is all about and who we are ...

www.pirateshipoffools.co.uk should go some way to explaining that one  !

101 to 120 of 267 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.