Midnight Man Iron Distance Triathlon

...interesting race twist - Aug 2012

21 to 40 of 89 messages
21/10/2011 at 17:22
I'm confused. I've never met FB, but if he really is retired, as he says he is, why's he 'researching' events like this still?
Not far from me either. If I do my first long distance at the Outlaw, is this too soon after? Will I want to do another?
Slagiatt    pirate
21/10/2011 at 17:26

Iron Pingu wrote (see)

haha, you're all mad ... but it is strangely tempting!  Slag, you're double, mad, that's just before IMW!

i know... but it is very tempting ... 4 weeks to recover for Wales .... hmmm

(edited so it makes sense )

Edited: 21/10/2011 at 17:28
21/10/2011 at 17:29
" why's he 'researching' events like this still?"

I'm not "researching" - it was highlighted in the BTF SE e-newsletter this morning so I thought I'd pop it up in case others are interested.

anyhoo - that's my excuse...
21/10/2011 at 17:29
Prince Siegfried wrote (see)
I'm confused. I've never met FB, but if he really is retired, as he says he is, why's he 'researching' events like this still? Not far from me either. If I do my first long distance at the Outlaw, is this too soon after? Will I want to do another?

How you going to get the time off for this one in August?

I've only just got the gol ahead for the Outlaw

21/10/2011 at 17:37
Foo, I retire at the end of March!! Less than 100 working days!! Keep smiling!!
21/10/2011 at 17:51
I hate you in the nicest possible way 
Golden Boots    pirate
21/10/2011 at 18:16
Slagiatt wrote (see)
What do you reckon GB .. on for the triple ?? ... Have registerred an interest rude not to when its practically on the doorstep .

Feck off

Doner Kebab    pirate
21/10/2011 at 23:31

i love this sort of stuff - once i got outlaw over with i want to do all the "odd" races - obstacle course thingys, thunderun, night running, fell, ultra and  maybe even a double - but i never even said that, if the missus ever learns to navigate here

Alan W    pirate
24/10/2011 at 10:10
oops, registered my interest! Cheers FB
Dubai Dave    pirate
24/10/2011 at 11:15
Oh feck another temptation or shall I retire too?
Slagiatt    pirate
26/10/2011 at 08:49

So the pressures on now...they have emailed to confirm the event is a go  .. and registration opens on Sunday for those the pre-registerred... slap bang between Outlaw and IMW hmm... could well and truly be pushing my luck... even at my pace

The Silent Assassin    pirate
26/10/2011 at 09:13

Long enough after the double, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm where is Dartford

Maybe a bit to far to drive down on the Saturday and back on the Sunday

Darkness    pirate
26/10/2011 at 09:16
Slagiatt  wrote (see)

So the pressures on now...they have emailed to confirm the event is a go  .. and registration opens on Sunday for those the pre-registerred... slap bang between Outlaw and IMW hmm... could well and truly be pushing my luck... even at my pace

Not to be negative but you could find you ruin your last 2 races by not being recovered at any point after the Outlaw? 

I wouldn't be brave enough to take on that schedule!

Outlaw, recovery, one more build, smash Wales.

26/10/2011 at 09:58
Slag - Darkness speak sense.

with your experience, or perhaps lack of, I think you'd be pushing it to do Outlaw, this and Wales. that's not to say you can't but I'd wait until you are better conditioned and experienced at the distance, rather than try all 3 now - that could be a recipe for disaster.

there's a big danger with many people that they get caught up in the enthusiasm of the events and start to lose focus on real life

sure, there are guys out there who do marathons week in/week out and some who do multiple IM in a season (one Tripey did all 7 in the UK this season but he's barking mad anyway!), but they have gradually built up to that workload and imho are sad gits with no life
Slagiatt    pirate
26/10/2011 at 10:10
indeed ... think i best stick with the ones i've already paid for
Slagiatt    pirate
26/10/2011 at 16:32
yep.. decision made ... will probably see if i can volunteer at this one instead of taking part.  
PSC    pirate
27/11/2011 at 06:47
might be interested in doing a leg of a relay.....? I stress MIGHT
28/11/2011 at 07:04
SB - The Longmynd Hike starts at around midday, and goes as long as you need it into the night (it's in October) - 50 miles.

http://longmyndhike.org.uk/

Although it is called a hike, quite a few people run it - winning time last year just over 10 hours.
purpletrilady    pirate
28/11/2011 at 16:31
2.5 months after my double, and local too.

I might be interested in doing a leg of a relay....

19/08/2012 at 20:31
Just woken up after an all nighter supporting HH at this one. Bizarre night on an industrial estate in Dartford, but oddly amusing. Met some random strangers also supporting and we made a LOT of noise all night.
21 to 40 of 89 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.