Monday after Outlaw

20 messages
VT'd    pirate
01/04/2012 at 19:22

A genuine question here folks.  Is the Monday after Outlaw a day worth hanging around for?

I'm asking as six competitors from my local tri club have been successful on the waiting list, and are travelling over from Northern Ireland in a minibus on the Friday before.  I have an offer of a seat on that bus, but they are travelling back on the Monday morning.

I had planned on staying for the Monday in the expectation of a hooly.  I have never met a pirate, but I think you all know how to have a good time.  If I get some confidence that a shindig will take place and that it'll all get out of hand and very embarrasing, then I'll travel over on my own to stay on.

I'm not looking for promises, just reassurance that a load of fellow childish adults are staying on afterwards to have a drink and a laugh.

M...eldy    pirate
01/04/2012 at 19:28

The Monday after any race is better than the day itself .... in short, yes

You will miss:

The Pirate Awards

The Mincing

The Beer

Carl doing his party piece

Someone falling over

Copious amounts of Chips

The Team Photo

A lot of sleep

Being talked about

more beer

Holly_Golightly    pirate
01/04/2012 at 19:30

Yes.

Monday will be Pirate party and prizegiving.

We usually hire a venue, which has been easy abroad because so long as we promise to drink lots they are happy to do that with no charge.  Overseas we've also been able to find places outdoors.  We will need to find somewhere in Nottingham that is able, and probably more importantly willing, to accommodate the rabble on Monday.  It usually ends in lots of drinking, eating and shameful, embarrassing activities.

M...eldy    pirate
01/04/2012 at 19:33
Oh yes and you will miss Jj and HOlly sat on swivel chairs singing nonsense with AItch   
M...eldy    pirate
01/04/2012 at 19:33
Holly I thought we had identified a pub?
meface    pirate
01/04/2012 at 19:44
M...eldy wrote (see)
Oh yes and you will miss Jj and HOlly sat on swivel chairs singing nonsense with AItch   

They weren't just swivel chairs - they went up and down as well!

A good fun day taking the mick out of everything we do and anyone who chooses to wear white tri shorts. Plenty of food is eaten as many seem hungry - don't know why.

M.eface

VT'd    pirate
01/04/2012 at 19:46

Thanks folks, then I'm for staying.

My tri club mates have told me that I'd want to jump into the bus and come straight home after, and that I wouldn't feel like having a drink.  But they obviously don't know me very well. 

I hope not to be winning any prizes, and I have gathered that I'd have to go some anyway to even make the shortlist for the mincing prize.

M...eldy    pirate
01/04/2012 at 20:04
There are some highly fought after prizes VT but yes, you would have to go some to beat our Chief Mincers

The Silent Assassin    pirate
01/04/2012 at 20:24

am more than happy to be master of ceremonies this year as only on feed station and I know FB is not going to be there this year

01/04/2012 at 20:24

and is just as well as the mincing award could be mine

01/04/2012 at 21:08

I think you'll find FB wasn't there last year either.  He had already passed on the baton.

Master of Ceremonies last year was shared by me and Jj.

Doner Kebab    pirate
01/04/2012 at 22:33
i know what i was like after a half iron, a full one is going to leave me looking like my avatar, or worse, so i doubt i will be able to move even if i want to.
Dustboy    pirate
01/04/2012 at 23:35
I am booked in hotel till Tuesday. I'll buy you a drink mate!
02/04/2012 at 09:57
"and I know FB is not going to be there this year"

is that a fact? or a rumour??

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
02/04/2012 at 10:13
I think the existence of FB is a rumour................... 
02/04/2012 at 12:03
fat buddha wrote (see)
"and I know FB is not going to be there this year"

is that a fact? or a rumour??

sorry mate I thought you had already posted that you and Petal wouldn't be there this year

02/04/2012 at 12:06
fat buddha wrote (see)
we said that we'd support at Outlaw but looking at commitments we already have for racing (we're racing away from home on consecutive weekends before Outlaw) and then our Olympic volunteer duties after the Outlaw weekend, we may not be able to help now. it's a question of balancing time off work with business commitments....

so for the time being stick us on a provisional list please.....I'm not going to commit and then let people down.  if we can make it, we will, but best to have spare hands than no shows....

once again sorry, I must have read that wrong

02/04/2012 at 12:16
SA - nothing's definite yet - we might be there, but then again, we might not. don't take anything for granted.
03/04/2012 at 00:07

I'm sure and FB and a Jj will be a fabulouso double act.  I will be lying under a table (hopefully with an IV of beer tapped into me)

03/04/2012 at 08:52
It best be worth hanging around for on the Monday.............it's the only reason I've entered Outlaw this year

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
20 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.