Monsterman 3

Anyone doing it?

41 to 46 of 46 messages
16/02/2004 at 17:28
Server problems at work - so haven't been able to get on here for a week (suffering from forum withdrawl!)

I've heard of Gorrick... can't do 14th March (booked up for Bath 1/2 Mara), but will look out for other events.

I see Monsterman are going to run a 4 race series next year, which should be good. I ran the Pewsey race in 2001 (the year of Foot and Mouth), so the route was much easier than it is now!

How did you get on at Meon Valley? I was chuffed to bits to get round in just under 2:39... faster than I had anticipated. Nonetheless, I think the winners were done and dusted in about 2:15, so that shows the difference between keen amateurs, and serious competitors. Never mind, the scenery was stunning, and had some pleasant chats with fellow runners on the way round.
17/02/2004 at 11:12
is there a website for the monstermunch?
17/02/2004 at 11:45
www.gearsandtears.com
17/02/2004 at 12:43
You could chat in the Meon Valley race at that pace, rocks!!!!???

I finished in 3:14 and thought that was OK for me. I enjoyed it and yes, the scenery was nice. I had more time to study it than you did though!!!

I was impressed with all that free tea and soup afterwards.
17/02/2004 at 14:12
Well, ok, "chat" is a slight exaggeration... more like a few gasped exchanges, usually whilst walking up those bl00dy hills!

Couldn't really hang around for the refreshments afterwards, as I'd promised mrs rocks and the kiddies a pub lunch as a reward for putting up with my absence, and then there was the rugby to watch.
17/02/2004 at 14:19
I went with a car full of club mates and we'd planned to retire to the pub afterwards..... But it had been pulled down!!! So we had to make do with the soup! Not quite the same..

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.