Mountain Bikes

Advice needed...

21 to 28 of 28 messages
TheEngineer    pirate
10/12/2012 at 20:30
Cool! Well I just plumped for shoes and pedals too. And a headlight. What have I done?!
TheEngineer    pirate
10/12/2012 at 20:34
Not sure if I'm daaaarn saaaaarf or ooooop norf then. Will have a looksee!
10/12/2012 at 22:44

You'll enjoy it. My 620 has been well worth it. Except I've had more offs since August than in 15 years of tri racing & training . Certainly been worthwhile the last few weeks when we've had icy starts, so I've been out on the mountains on the Felt rather than risking the ice on the roads. Been great finding new trails over our local hills, that were too far to run over.

11/12/2012 at 08:57
Cpt.Jack sparra wrote (see)
Bit late now but halfords are doing the carrera vengeance on offer for the 12 days of Christmas , ??280 instead of ??450 , don't let the name put you off as they're a great bike carrera , I have the fury and its done all black runs in every trail centre in the uk and I've never had one single problem with it . The vengeance isn't much different to the fury tbh

Yeah. I got a Kraken SE secondhand for £170 about 6 years ago. Think it was about £600 new at the time. Have ridden it into the ground and commuted through two winters and the only thing it's ever needed was new crank bearings and a gear selector thingy replacing. Still going on the original tyres which seem to be pretty much indestructible.

11/12/2012 at 09:38

TE - you bought an MTB online without even trying it??

oh dear. hope you made the right decision

TheEngineer    pirate
11/12/2012 at 16:43

What's the worst that can happen?

Dustboy    pirate
11/12/2012 at 16:56

Well, if you are REALLY unlucky, it might not match your eyes dear....

13/12/2012 at 19:07
Dustboy wrote (see)

Yeah, cyclezone has big MTB section. Got mine there Cube AMS 100 Comp. Has bum soaker. Luvly. Lord H bought the hardtail version from there, he luvs it. But my arse arrives in better nick! 

Says the man with the 'bottom'!!  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.