Moving to Dubai!

21 to 24 of 24 messages
19/05/2011 at 20:28

I'll be racing in Dubai in my PSOF gear!

Will I bundled into the back of a van in a sack by Dubai Tripirates?? Will I ever be seen again?

Really looking forward to trying some desert training and events. Smart!!

31/05/2011 at 12:00

ginergav - I just came across this thread.
I am a pirate who lives in dubai.

by now, i imagine you are settled in and enjoying dubai (although its hot now)

where do you live?  where do you train?

i live in the dubai marina and train mostly very early morning in ghantoot or the exit right after ghantoot coming from dubai.

Dubai Dave - where do you train?  do you train early in the morning or in the evening?

I have pirate stickers all over my cervelo-- so if you ever see me riding, please stop to say hello.

i dont like to ride in the friday group because too many accidents happen during the ride ...and i am an average cyclist at best.  i have enough trouble as it is just riding my bike.

Dubai Dave    pirate
31/05/2011 at 13:19

Egoman I tend to train academic city road, al Awir, maydan as I live in Mirdif, like you I avoid wolfies rides mainly cos I can't draft in a tri so why train that way, I ride in the mornings, run whenever! Swim at lunchtime.

How is your training for the 7 in 7 going?

27/05/2013 at 14:32

Just moved to dubai and looking to join the pirates but can't get hold of anyone, can any pirate help me out?

cheers

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.