Music whilst doing a Triathlon ?

21 to 25 of 25 messages
Dubai Dave    pirate
04/10/2012 at 06:26

From the Abu Dhabi Race rules

61.  Headsets, headphones or any items which obstruct hearing such as mobile phones are not permitted during any section of the event.

Clearly they don't police it very well! 

seren nos yn canu    pirate
04/10/2012 at 07:50

interesting KK.........so if you had a word as it was gaining advantage from pacing..did you then speak to all garmin wearers and those with bike computers as well as they all help with pacing.....the same advantage............

must make for a strange event...i feel naked without my garmin 

WildWill    pirate
04/10/2012 at 08:05

With Seren an this one ... do differnet to bike or rist computer, cadance motor etc and as i said there was a chat on a US forum last year and it was confirmed that metronome things fell into that catagory 

Cheerful Dave    pirate
04/10/2012 at 10:18

I don't have a problem with pacing aids, but I'm with FB, if they're audible to others they shouldn't be allowed.  The odd one here & there is annoying enough, imagine if everyone started using them!

04/10/2012 at 10:38

ah - the old perennial pacing aids question.  simply you are not going to ban garmins, bike computers, or other pacing aids etc as they are an accepted part of racing these days and like many sports, technology will always be one step ahead of the rules so even if you banned them, someone will come up with another way.   as long as they don't interfere with other athletes races, or their enjoyment, or intefere with their hearing or concentration, then let them go.   

I turned off the beep on my HRM as it was annoying me, let alone anyone else!

Edited: 04/10/2012 at 10:40

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.