My first tri today!

21 to 23 of 23 messages
08/05/2013 at 13:35
TortoiseWins wrote (see)

Im buying some road tyres for my specialized hard tail before i take on the london to southend bike ride.but is a tri suit compulsery for a triathlon?

no - it just makes life easier as you can swim, bike and run in the same kit.  I did my 1st tri in a pair of lycra running shorts for the swim (no wetsuit despite a sea swim), and pulled on a vest in transition for the bike/run.

08/05/2013 at 13:40

My event was an indoor swim so I just bought some try shorts and pulled on a vest type base layer that I got from Aldi's on to complete the run and bike sections.

08/05/2013 at 18:30

The one I did had a lot of beginners, and some of the girls were running into the changing rooms after getting out of the pool, taking their swimsuits off and putting running stuff on before running to the bikes!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.