My name is ???????? and i am gonna seriously get my sh!t in one sock

the 2013 limitations thread

181 to 200 of 1,837 messages
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
24/07/2013 at 14:10

In other words I want to be able to mix it up with the 60 year old age groupers at the very least

24/07/2013 at 14:49

Better late than never...

My name is mikasa and I've let myself get fat, and then fatter (first I could still stuff myself in old clothes, now I'm passed that point so it's serious!). It's definitely demotivated me to do things which obviously doesn't help and now I'm running 1.5-2mins slower per mile because of it.

Swimming - I doubt I've been to the pool since my first and only tri last year in May. And that's because I can't do FC. So I need to sort out some lessons which I've been talking about for a year...JFDI!!! Will report back.

Bike - need to start loving hills again. My natural inclination going up is just to go down the gears and go slower and slower which needs to be addressed. Last time I went out I made myself push a bit more on the upflats and not just take it easy. I will improve as I want to do more tri's.

Edited: 24/07/2013 at 14:50
24/07/2013 at 16:16

2nd track session done last night and some improvement on from shown  It's along road ahead but at least I'm on it.

Back in the pool tonight.

Red_dog_chris    pirate
24/07/2013 at 21:02

Did a cooper test and for my age I am excellent so I treated myself to a whole bar of green and blacks. Open water swim in leaking goggles pm so cheered myself up with 2 gammon steaks and more sweets. Still averageing 16mph on bike so I may have to cut out apples from my diet 

M...eldy    pirate
24/07/2013 at 21:08

Red dog .. you need more G&Bs I reckon

I am not sure I am liking the sound of Barlos doing more training as that usually means I have to put up with him whinging for longer 

24/07/2013 at 21:10

My goggles kept on doing that Chris on Sat got so frustrated I just put them on the top of my head and kept on going I had red eyes for rest of day but I didn't quit so it was a win for me

Red_dog_chris    pirate
24/07/2013 at 21:16

Melds I am taking your advice I will tuck into another bar right away 

Buttercup lol I ended up with one red eye as it was only leaking from one side.

M...eldy    pirate
24/07/2013 at 21:19

Red dog & Buttercup ... if you have put suncream on your face and/or hands then that is possibly the reason  

Red_dog_chris    pirate
24/07/2013 at 21:21

Was what I looked like while I was swimming

25/07/2013 at 18:42

Been a bit carp with my swim resolve as have been feeling a bit off and picked up a calf injury running but snuck in a sneaky lunch break sea swim today so getting back to it and will definitely swim tomorrow after work

25/07/2013 at 21:59

Bike-OW swim-Bike home tonight.  I swam 1.9ish k in under an hour sans wetsuit - which I am well happy with - also didn't panic when my calf started cramping feeling good about tonight.

Oh and Meldy you were right - as I suspect you always are I wiped my under eyes before I put the goggles on - good as gold for most of the swim.

Edited: 25/07/2013 at 22:00
25/07/2013 at 22:38

I would love love love to get into ultra marathon running, but I'm scared scared scared of those things that could eat me whilst clocking up kms in the backcountry. 

M...eldy    pirate
25/07/2013 at 23:45
SuckitupButterCup wrote (see)

Oh and Meldy you were right - as I suspect you always are I wiped my under eyes before I put the goggles on - good as gold for most of the swim.

You seem to be a fast learner !!  

OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
26/07/2013 at 00:14

*sigh*

supposed to swim tonight but I failed and did a spin class instead

# starts the self flagellation

Hope    pirate
26/07/2013 at 07:50

Morning. So far so good on my swim training.

I've been managing 3 short swims a week for the last couple of weeks and it hasn't been too traumatic.

I decided to start up with some shorter sessions so they're not so daunting, focus on technique and try not to sulk about it too much. Friday is a slightly longer session, a continuous swim. So yes. It's going okay. 

Another couple of weeks and then I'll start upping the distance. 

Cake    pirate
26/07/2013 at 12:17
Junglechicken wrote (see)

I would love love love to get into ultra marathon running, but I'm scared scared scared of those things that could eat me whilst clocking up kms in the backcountry. 

Chicken if your worried about bears you could always come over the pond and do one over here. Know that's an expensive option but promise we will get the beers in after.

26/07/2013 at 17:06

JC lives in Essex and was talkkng about pit bulls 

26/07/2013 at 17:08

Another great sea swim its so warm now i wouldnt like to do it in a wetsuit

Cake    pirate
26/07/2013 at 17:14

Max I've not heard of Essex girls being refered to as pit bulls before?

Meldy might get her broomstick out with that sort of talk.

26/07/2013 at 22:52

Oohhh eeeeeeerrrrr

181 to 200 of 1,837 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.