My name is ???????? and i am gonna seriously get my sh!t in one sock

the 2013 limitations thread

1 to 20 of 1,796 messages
12/07/2013 at 19:32

Right post what you need to sort be it weight, speed, swim etc and report on your progress or lack of it

brutal honestly and no waffle please

M...eldy    pirate
12/07/2013 at 19:38

In one sock ..... are you quite mad   

12/07/2013 at 19:41

Right

My name is Ridgebackmax and I never improve my swim cause I hate the pool

Starting Monday I aim to go to the pool at least 3 times during the week the shameful thing is I have access to a lovely 25m pool 10  mins away from my office which costs me £50 a year year and is for service people so everybody is doing lengths and there are no people standing blocking lanes etc

12/07/2013 at 19:44
M...eldy wrote (see)

In one sock ..... are you quite mad   

As a hatter it's is an old naval term about sorting yourself out

12/07/2013 at 19:46

Squishing it into the sock mine is the swim - I'm slow - slower than a slow thing.  I am improving I couldn't swim more than 25m in Feb - I finished the 1500m Big Swim Notts on Sat even tho' I was the last Pirate standing and my icecream melted  

12/07/2013 at 19:54

So do you have a solution Butter cup? I had an hour's one to one lesson with Olympic medallist Caddie Pattern who lives local things I thought I was doing wrong were Ok and things I thought were fine were what was holding me back putting 3 simple things she said into place has made a real difference to my stroke

12/07/2013 at 20:02

I Mrs Digger need to lose some serious weight! Current 12st 3lb. Aim 10st for now. Weekly weigh ins will be updated here. I need to name and shame myselfo focus!

Yes Buttercup, it was well and truly melted! 

12/07/2013 at 20:03

My name is Slimshady and I drink too much wine. I also have a habit of entering races which are far above my physical ability and then having very hard days.

I have a 'special' sock which i keep in by bedroom cuboard.

I am crap at swimming and running but am improving on the bike.

I am a bit of a loner and support Leicester City  ( which is why i find myself on my own)

I am hoping to do Bala again next year and improve on my swim time.

12/07/2013 at 20:04

Yeah I have been looking at going to the swimsmooth coached sessions down the road from me - he seemed to be on to it. And they specifically talked about training for OW which I know I need to work on.

12/07/2013 at 20:07

Slim you have a serious Embrunman habit

K9
12/07/2013 at 20:20

Hmmm.my limitation is that I am a mileage junkie....

It leads  to multiple overuse injuries, fatigue, and the inability to do anything other than long slow miles.

I need to rein it in.

I need to start by not feeling I HAVE to swim before work every day. Be content with shorter rides anruns, and then in time feel able to add some structure, faster runs/ intervals etc 

12/07/2013 at 20:21

ok, I need to lose weight and sort out my bike - speed and confidence. Need to get out on it more and tackle some hills

K9
12/07/2013 at 20:21

Less wine would also help...

Britrisky    pirate
12/07/2013 at 20:22

I wanna swim faster and will renew my efforts to find a tri specific coach for one-to-one that's within driving distance of Hull - might try Rat Race - can anyone recommend them

I'm useless on hills, and will get some local hilly routes off the guys training for Bolton and start getting myself cycling up 'em

12/07/2013 at 20:23

buttercup - wish I lived close enough to Loughborough to join Steve's swim squad. 

IronCat5    pirate
12/07/2013 at 20:26

Returning from a running injury so would like to get back up to speed,  crack running off the bike and something mythical like a negative split.

Also to man up and either learn to swim or just bin it completely and spend more time running and cycling. 

I don't want to know about Slims sock! 

12/07/2013 at 20:33

Could you do a Thursday evening MC? I'd be keen for then.

http://swimsmooth.cassonz.com/wp/?page_id=264

M...eldy    pirate
12/07/2013 at 20:55

I'll post this here as good a place as any ...

Junes issue of 220, has a cracking little nutrition supplement (ie an extra bit of paper not a powder) with some very good recipes in it, the magazine itself has some good tips and sessions too

Find it, steal it, borrow it  

purpletrilady    pirate
12/07/2013 at 20:56

I'm purple and I need some leg strength. 

I had a vo2 max test in March. I had an excellent vo2 but appalling leg strength. The guy who did it was shocked that I had been able to do an IM, he said my cardo strength was getting me through but I would be massively better if I could build my leg strength.  So every week I go through torture, squats, squats and squats followed by a few dead lifts and more squats. My cycling has already improved but I know I can get better. I just need to keep it up now.

I also need to do more off road running , that Enduroman run is tough.

I should probably do some swimming at some point, I haven't swam for nearly three months .

......and most importantly I must NOT overtrain

not sure I can sh*t in a sock

M...eldy    pirate
12/07/2013 at 20:58

Purple, can I ask where you had that done?  Why VO2 over Lactate testing?

1 to 20 of 1,796 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.