New Boardman Race brakes upgrade??

21 to 25 of 25 messages
26/09/2012 at 11:09

Thanks everyone - looks like Triathletes are far more crazy than runners - guess I'll need to find a club to get myself converted!

M...TRIumphant - yes mine is in fact the Team Comp (my mistake in title)....do you know exactly what model your brakes are?  I'll take a look at them, cheers.

MTri    pirate
26/09/2012 at 11:59

Yep, I went for these, http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/BCPXULCNC/planet_x_ultra_light_cnc_brake_calipers, in gold, to match the graphics etc

IronCat5    pirate
26/09/2012 at 20:21

Paul, I think you need to get used to the braking ability of a road bike first, and throw some decent pads in there. See how you get on. This could be a £20 spend rather than £100, to find you can't tell the difference.

I have the PX brakes on my TT bike, they're single pivot which can be a right PITA to set up (think caliper brakes on old-style BMX).

26/09/2012 at 21:06

Has anyone seen the Cologna road bike with the disc brakes, apparently its the future and makes the top tube look un cluttered.

Dubai Dave    pirate
27/09/2012 at 05:54

Im sure disc brakes will soon be the standard on road bikes for all the reasons put forward by pop and FB, it will lead to a radical change in wheel design. Equally now that I am riding a bike with ultegra Di2 i'm sure that electronic shifting will soon be the norm on everything. Its shifts instantly regardles of how much power you have one and never needs adjustment, in short fantastic. So good that I'm going to convert my Neil Prye Alize to Di2 as well. looking forward to disc brakes! Downside is that you won't be able to retro fit them to rim brake frames.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.