New Forest Middle Distance Tri

Sunday 23rd September

21 to 25 of 25 messages
TR
25/09/2012 at 21:29

ha ha, agreed. The whole point in doing Tri was that I was a panicky swimmer and didnt have a bike. I'd catch up a lot of places on that run course.

I guess that long bike rides around all the other kids sports I'm involved in is the biggest stumbling block. I can blag VLM and 1/2 IM off a 3hr maximum training window of time.

I'll see after Christmas, and decide wether to do VLM/Swashbuckler or VLM/FM.

25/09/2012 at 21:39

TR, have you got a place in VLM secured?

TR
25/09/2012 at 22:08

yes

30/09/2012 at 16:03

Good for you! I got the dreaded letter a few days ago so no VLM for me next year. I am thinking of doing one of the CTS races instead, to prepare better for the off-road section of the Forestman (which I have just entered  )

TR
30/09/2012 at 16:47

good man, that will motivate you to train over the winter. I'll hedge my bets for now and then decide upon Swashbuckler or Forestman. RNF run a marathon on the Forestman course in feb if you want to have a practice run !

Luckliy I get a GFA VLM place, so already knew I was in.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.