new rear wheel....

campagnolo chainset.

6 messages
ip(FeS2)    pirate
12/01/2008 at 12:13

Hiya. I'm looking to get a spare rear wheel to leave the turbo tyre on. Do I have to look for a specific spindal or anything to be compatable with my current one?  

- (i'm planning to change the cassette at the same time to give a wider range.)

12/01/2008 at 12:37

The wheel needs to be compatible with whatever cassette you need to suit your mechs/shifters etc.   So if you use say campag 9 speed the wheel needs to be able to fit a campag 9 speed cassette.    Shimano 10 speed cassettes will fit a shimano 9 speed hub though I think not vice versa - at least not in all cases.    So yes basically you need to check it's compatible.  

ip(FeS2)    pirate
12/01/2008 at 14:00

thanks...

so if im buying on the web, what words am I looking for? or is this something beter done in the real world?

I've seen compag wheels, but not much in the way of compat info on generic wheels.

(it's a compag 10 speed casset i've got)

cougie    pirate
12/01/2008 at 14:06
If its just a wheel for the turbo and poss to double up as a spare in emergencies then you dont need a flash one. And if you are getting a bigger block too - then wont you want the blocks swapped over ?

Its an easy enough job if you have the tools and know what you're doing, but if you havent - I'd prob nip down the local bike shop - get something off him and flutter your eyelashes and get him to swap the blocks over ? And its Campag - dont ask for compag !
ip(FeS2)    pirate
12/01/2008 at 14:55

ooops. i id know that. I was planning to have a go and then flutter my eyes at a local pirate when I failed.

there's an evans and a cycle surgery near work.... would either be good?

cougie    pirate
12/01/2008 at 15:13
Never had service off either - but a smaller independent one is prob more likely to do you a favour. Not that one in Frankfurt though - he wouldn't even lend me a removal tool - frickin' Germans and their rules.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.