New shoes same cleat position?

how to get the same placing in a new shoe?

2 messages
17/02/2013 at 14:41

Hi there,
For Christmas I got some lovely bontrager rxxxl road's. Seeing that the weather has been so nasty recently I have not dared take them out but we have finally had a nice few days and it looks set to last the week so I must try them out. However, how do I get the same cleat position on these as I have with my old (now for bad weather use) shoes? the position on the others is ok and I haven't really had any problems although I'm sure a pro would correct them! Is my best bet just setting them straight (with float) and with the ball of the food over the pedal axle?
Many Thanks!

18/02/2013 at 10:35

"theoretically" the cleat positions on the sole should be in the same positions irrespective of brand and style so I would go with positioning as you have already had them on the new shoes.  if you're not quite comfy with that do a bit of fettling when you've had a few rides.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.