41 to 44 of 44 messages
Cpt.Jack sparra    pirate
01/10/2010 at 10:12
Outlaw is a much cheaper option and plenty of pirates going there
01/10/2010 at 10:16
or Ironman Wales on 11/9/11
OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
01/10/2010 at 12:46

how about a target of the Vitruvian in 2011, while actually entering the annual pirate IM for 2012, (you have  probably got to be on the ball for the euro events......)

Nice well attended pirate event, nice target of a half, so you can use the sprint and oly as the build up.

23/09/2012 at 23:30

Hi everyone. Had a read back and thought I would bounce this thread. Well…… Two years is a long time in Triathlon and today I completed my 3rd Fleetwood Sprint Tri Knocking 10 mins off my original 2010 time.

Over the past couple of years I have been bitten by the triathlon bug pretty bad and have completed 8 sprints, 2 Olympic and this year’s Vitruvian… not bad for an overweight middle aged asthmatic .

On this journey I have learnt many new and interesting things such as the difference between 105 and Dura ace (about a grand), the respective merits of various training programmes (swim more, ride your bike and run about a bit) along with lots of new and interesting words & phrases like cadence, groupset, HRM, lactic threshold and bonking. It’s also become apparent to me just how many things it is possible to spend money on in a vain attempt to be a less slow triathlete. I now have a posh carbon bike road bike along with lots of shoes, gadgets, lycra and sunglasses I am still slow 

Most of all over the past two years I have also been fortunate to meet loads of new and interesting people including a few of the pirates who previously would have existed only in a parallel universe. Really friendly and supportive ordinary people doing extraordinary things

Still not yet committed to doing the full Iron distance yet but now at least I can comprehend what it will take to do it.  2013 ????

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.