Northwest Tri - Nantwich 05/09/10

Flaps and T!ts - a rerun

641 to 660 of 710 messages
Farnie    pirate
05/09/2010 at 08:35

Good luck everyone for today.

What with swimming lessons and me resembling the QE2 at the mo, we wont be able to make it down, but make sure you race well and make lots of noise near the hozzie for Loon!

cougie    pirate
05/09/2010 at 09:20
I'm here ! Where is everyone ?

05/09/2010 at 14:25

done my race, question over my distance in the pool though, even Admirals can get it wrong, got to wait for my time for the swim but I 'could' be short in lengths, there was a lot of carnage in the centre lanes and I was trying to draft some guy who overtook me so I was just following blindly and it looks like he got it wrong and I followed, I had doubts at the time that something wasn't right but it wasn't until afterwards when one of the other guys mentioned something, it went along the lines of ' you must be Michael Phelps or you can't f_cking count' now not to be undone I did introduce myself as Mr Phelps but it has brought the doubt back.

I will check my time and I know if I am under 7.30 for the swim I was short and will disqualify myself to the organisors but what a school boy error to make, its not like I can't frigging count to 16 !  

Anyway, good event and the bike and run were honest and hard, just disappointing to know I could have got it wrong in a sprint and will have to live with that.

Anyway, good luck to the others later on and thanks for the support from Caz, SA, Jordy and then Calf/NAM.

ANd Calf was looking sweet on the run, good job.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
05/09/2010 at 15:49

Nick - your swim time is 7.10.

Get Teya to teach you to count!

Got some good photos of you though! It was only a mistake and I thought the guy who took you to task over it was seriously over aggressive. I mean its not as if you affected HIS time and did it deliberately.

I did 1.38.46. Amazed to PB. Found the wind quite tough on the bike leg and the pool was significantly more congested this time than in May. Got a good few kicks and gave a fair few back!

Only disappointment for me was I have got chain oil on the t-shirt! Now that IS a schoolgirl error!

Thanks to SA, Viking, Caz, Jordy and all the abusers on the run leg! I could hear you over by the start line you gobby swines!

LIVERBIRD    pirate
05/09/2010 at 16:46

Did anyone else find it quite disconcerting to have the 100 mile sportive riders about? It was causing a LOT of problems for the traffic because they were cycling four and five abreast and the traffic was forced to overtake fully on the opposite side of the road.

Unfortunately that put me on a collision course with several cars coming straight at me. 

Farnie    pirate
05/09/2010 at 17:53
I thought about you all today when I saw the 100'ers weaving their way through Wilmslow in a rather random manner.
Basil Brush Mk II    pirate
05/09/2010 at 17:56

Good Lord, I appear to have done my best to get a PW - despite my shiny new bike! not quite sure how that happened...although I was conscious of "saving my legs" a bit on the bike. Overall felt more comfortable though, and I did manage to run all 5k, unlike last time. I don't know where it all fell apart, though, because there are no split times for me after the swim. Pah. Still I hadn't really trained so I can't complain.

Thanks so much for all the legendary Pirate support - SA, Mrs SA and Jordy, Viking and his collective, LB and Caz - you were all fab, thanks

Yes LB I had the same, except in one instance it was the motorist trying to pass a sportive rider on a narrow bridge who was heading right at me. Pratt. The sportive rider's language was colourful when he cut her up to get back over.

05/09/2010 at 18:48
think i might  be 'Vikings collective'!
05/09/2010 at 19:08
Hi Colourin - sorry didn't know your name! Nice to meet you
05/09/2010 at 19:17
And you, well done today, you looked quite comfortable and happy on the run
05/09/2010 at 19:25
The Pirates always make me smile Thanks
Farnie    pirate
05/09/2010 at 19:42
Colourin wrote (see)
think i might  be 'Vikings collective'!

*chuckles*

05/09/2010 at 21:38
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

Nick - your swim time is 7.10.

Get Teya to teach you to count!

Got some good photos of you though! It was only a mistake and I thought the guy who took you to task over it was seriously over aggressive. I mean its not as if you affected HIS time and did it deliberately

Cheers LB, I have emailled the organisors and asked to be adjusted or DQ'd, my time reflects 2 missed lengths, thats the beauty of being a seasoned athlete, there shouldn't be surprises and I know what my time should be and thats too quick for me right now.

Yes, I agree the guy was a little aggressive and he could have worded it a little better but thats why I didn't want to let it drop until he had got it off his chest, I am man enough to admit when I am wrong but I was aware I was also standing there in a pirate top (it could just as well have been Chester Tri) and I didn't want some one to leave with the impression that I had cheated and it could have tarred more than just me.

In his defence, I don't have to but I will, if I had been behind someone or even in front of someone that I either knew had lost 2 lengths or in my eyes cheated at the time I am the sort of person who would steam about it until I mentioned it, although I might have put it a little more diplomatically I can see where he was coming from, no I wasn't going to win, and in the end it doesn't look like he did either.

However, I have a clear conscience and a possible DQ. I don't do sprint races unless I am having fun - might not have looked like it - and a DQ won't kill me, but someone thinking I cheated would.  

As it was I got 7th and if I had swam the right lengths I would have been 13th, c'est la vie, unlucky for some ;-(

cougie    pirate
05/09/2010 at 21:50

LOL at not being able to count to 16 !

The swim did look like carnage to me - I'm just glad I wasnt in it !

I loved the sportif riders - so much fun ripping through them, but at the roundabout at Reaseheath I heard a marshal shout 2nd turn, so I set my line up for it, and then realised he was a sportif marshal  - Doh ! One v quick u turn later and back on track..

It was a fun event though - I may do the team thing again next year. 

Well done on the 7th/13th Rosey - thank god Kona isnt 25m lengths eh ?

Farnie    pirate
05/09/2010 at 22:52
pppfffttttt
06/09/2010 at 07:01
Lol, cheers Cougie, sorry didn't get to say hi, am happy to get 3rd fastest bike split but the run needs some work as lost too much time there, less said about the swim the better ;-(
06/09/2010 at 07:21
I didn't think things were going too bad, until I looked for my car keys....
The Silent Assassin    pirate
06/09/2010 at 07:37

BB, we have your pirate bottle!!! mail or FB me and will get it sent back to you.

cougie    pirate
06/09/2010 at 08:25
Sorry I didn't see you mr SA but mrs cougie says cheers for the support on the run
!
The Silent Assassin    pirate
06/09/2010 at 09:08

Funniest comment of day was not by us, but by a supporter of someone else

As the person ran past him, he shouted very loudly

"Oh you've got a camel toe"

made me laugh anyway

641 to 660 of 710 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.