Northwest Tri - Nantwich 05/09/10

Flaps and T!ts - a rerun

681 to 700 of 710 messages
06/09/2010 at 21:37

I completed my first Sprint Tri yesterday at the NW/Nantwhich Triathalon. I had a disaster but did well considering (1hr17mins)....

I got there only 45 mins before my start time. By the time I had worked out where the transitions were and set up I ended up nearly 10 mins late for my start time, doing a walk of shame past the other competitors.

I then got in the pool in a panic having struggled to get my swim cap on and started to swim in the wrong lane head on into people. My wife informed me that the other spectaors found it hilarious as the steward followed me shouting 'you're in the worng lane'. He stopped me at the end of length 3! I was completely disorientated from all the dodging and took me the next 2 lengths to compose myself and work out what I had done wrong in the first place!

I got out the pool ran to my bike and started put my helmet on having read in many forums and training tips to do this first as was most important not to forget. I had however forgotten to put my numbered vest on first, so when it wouldn't go over my head, started again!

I discovered after the race I had a flat tyre which I do not recall getting. I did however note as I got off my bike and checked the speedo that I had somehow lost the 4 minute quicker personal best time I was heading for, which was still on about 3/4 through the ride. I finished 1 minute over my PB (training) so lost about 5 mins overall on what I was heading for.

The run was much smoother and have no complaints, except for....

Apologies to the lady who I covered in gatorade, as I attempted to grab a cup from her on the way past. She was half way through saying 'I wouldnt try to...' as i bounded toward her, hand out! I then proceeded to throw the rest of the sticky contents over my face not getting anywhere near my mouth!

Apologies to the very young girl, collecting the empty cups from the floor, who was so small I did not see and who I hurled my now empty cup at, hitting her in the back of the head, it made a thud. I am sorry, I really did not see you. I did shout my appologies as I realised and it made my heart melt when she shouted after me 'Its ok' in the most genuine tone, if only us adults could be so gracious! 

Finally thanks to the 4 children who blanked my high five attempt as I ran past them, trying to be cool! Note to self..I am not cool!

06/09/2010 at 21:41

Faceman, you may have made a few cock ups there but you definitely write a good race report! Made me chuckle.  Well done on completing your first tri and I am sure many a lesson learned in that one.....LOL

Most importantly though......did you enjoy it?

LIVERBIRD    pirate
06/09/2010 at 21:54

Have you seen my gob?

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/236856/Gallery/roar.jpg

06/09/2010 at 22:00

LMAO......LB were you doing a warrior cry of success!  You looked like you were loving every bit of that.  Well done you.

I shall say nowt about the size of your gob!

06/09/2010 at 22:01
I loved it and looking forward to my next race, once I decide which one it is going to be...any suggestions?!
LIVERBIRD    pirate
06/09/2010 at 22:03
I was being balled at by SA and Viking! They abuse mighty loudly!
Basil Brush Mk II    pirate
06/09/2010 at 22:13
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
I was being balled at by SA and Viking! They abuse mighty loudly!
I think you might mean "bawled at". Else I have all sorts of weird and wonderful mental images
LIVERBIRD    pirate
06/09/2010 at 22:14

Its late!

I can confirm I saw no balls whatsoever....

The Silent Assassin    pirate
07/09/2010 at 08:24

well it was cold

Nam
07/09/2010 at 09:23
I love that gob shot so much!! LOL
Farnie    pirate
07/09/2010 at 09:53
Viking    pirate
07/09/2010 at 09:55
Mersey tunnel!
Lee the Pea    pirate
07/09/2010 at 09:57
Viking wrote (see)
Mersey tunnel!

You talking about her mouth, or are we back to getting balled again?!  hehehehehehehe
Nam
07/09/2010 at 10:12
That... kind of puts a whole different spin on "having a ball" doesn't it...
Lee the Pea    pirate
07/09/2010 at 10:15
In that case, as much as i've had a fun few weekends recently, i've not had a ball for ages
Farnie    pirate
07/09/2010 at 10:35

that reminds me....

I need to go to the shop for teabags....

Nam
07/09/2010 at 10:37
Farnie....!!!!!!!!!!! 
07/09/2010 at 10:37
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

Have you seen my gob?

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/236856/Gallery/roar.jpg

I've tried to find the swimming pool one from May, which I thought was equally as large
Nam
07/09/2010 at 11:06
Is there a link for the official race photos somewhere?  I can't seem to find them via the website? 
Lee the Pea    pirate
07/09/2010 at 11:08
Lol Farnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
681 to 700 of 710 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.