Numpty IM Bike Thread

Bike ponces only welcome if they don't speak in tongues

12,021 to 12,024 of 12,024 messages
IronCat5    pirate
21/05/2014 at 11:58

Wow!

PSC    pirate
21/05/2014 at 13:12

I wonder if that one comes with a bike engineer too!

10/07/2014 at 12:35

Long time since this thread has seen the light of day.  My bottom bracket is making all sorts of creaking and clicking noises particularly under load, a bit of googling and youtubing suggests I'm going to need one of these and one of these to actually dis-assemble it, but the question to the experts out there is, any hints or tips for what I'm looking out for?  Most of what I've read so far seems to suggest grease and re-assemble or replace. 

Tired Badger    pirate
10/07/2014 at 14:24

I had the same on my winter bike earlier in the year, I needed to replace one of the cups as it had siezed, I got an intergrated version of the above;

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/park/bb-and-crankarm-tool-hollowtech-2-ec008302

But also found that i needed to ensure i greased the crank arms on replacement as they started creeking.

I'm definitely no expert though  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12,021 to 12,024 of 12,024 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.