Numpty IM Bike Thread

Bike ponces only welcome if they don't speak in tongues

12,021 to 12,030 of 12,030 messages
IronCat5    pirate
21/05/2014 at 11:58

Wow!

PSC    pirate
21/05/2014 at 13:12

I wonder if that one comes with a bike engineer too!

10/07/2014 at 12:35

Long time since this thread has seen the light of day.  My bottom bracket is making all sorts of creaking and clicking noises particularly under load, a bit of googling and youtubing suggests I'm going to need one of these and one of these to actually dis-assemble it, but the question to the experts out there is, any hints or tips for what I'm looking out for?  Most of what I've read so far seems to suggest grease and re-assemble or replace. 

Tired Badger    pirate
10/07/2014 at 14:24

I had the same on my winter bike earlier in the year, I needed to replace one of the cups as it had siezed, I got an intergrated version of the above;

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/park/bb-and-crankarm-tool-hollowtech-2-ec008302

But also found that i needed to ensure i greased the crank arms on replacement as they started creeking.

I'm definitely no expert though  

01/08/2014 at 21:04

Does anyone know any weekly training rides/chain gangs near Sidmouth/Exeter sort of area - anything that doesn't mind someone joining in - I'm down there on holiday in a few weeks and wouldn't mind trying out something new.   

02/08/2014 at 18:58

I've had a set of Mavic Cosmic CXR60s for about 3 months now and I'm not happy with how they are bearing up.

The brake track on the rear has turned silver, cosmetic right now but I wonder what damage or degradation has been done, the correct pads are fitted.  The front is still as new colour i.e. black, they have treated carbon tracks rather than ali.  Also on the rear there is (was) a valve guide that has parted company with the rim and left strands of CF, this happened today just riding along the noise from the rear got worse and worse as it was vibrating in the rim and resonating through the whole bike before falling out, miraculously I stopped and found it in the road.

3 months down the line, what do you reckon my chances are of a swap under 'manufacturing error/fault'?

02/08/2014 at 19:16

Generally speaking under Sale of Goods Act any failure within 6 months can be called as 'manufacturing error', provided you've not been using them to open beer bottles (or other non cycling related things) you've got a legal recourse.

02/08/2014 at 19:42

Thanks, I wasn't sure re time elapsed so that's very helpful.

flyaway    pirate
02/08/2014 at 20:40

Pops - maybe ask on these guy's Facebook?

http://www.svcc.org.uk/

02/08/2014 at 22:21
flyaway wrote (see)

Pops - maybe ask on these guy's Facebook?

http://www.svcc.org.uk/

Ta had assumed the place was probably too small for a club.  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12,021 to 12,030 of 12,030 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.