Nutrition in longer events

Who has what, and when?

41 to 47 of 47 messages
Blisters    pirate
09/10/2012 at 22:50

Just swam 2500m and got out feeling a bit light headed. I've a feeling that I'm going to be needing a frigging top box not a bento box.

09/10/2012 at 22:54

Hi mate

Dubai Dave    pirate
10/10/2012 at 05:52

Blisters its normal to feel light headed after the swim, after all you have been lying down for a hour or so, happens to all of us.

sweetfeet...    pirate
04/01/2013 at 18:04

This subject is close to my heart as I bonked at IM Nice in 2011 and DNF'd.  Combination of issues not helped by a tooth problem and the heat (and probably not enough training, but anyway you learn a lot on days like that...)

I'm keen to fuel correctly at my next IM. At IMUK later in 2011 coke totally revived me on the run and I sailed through the second half of the (short) run so +1 for flat coke as a pick me up.

WRT the bike, having read through these posts I have managed to list the following (sorry if I missed anything):

Gingerbread men
Baby food
Malt loaf
Shot blocs
Kendall Mint Cake
Dried fruit
Fruit cake
Energy bars
Mini pork pies
Mini sausage roll
Cocktail sausages
White mice
Fig rolls

Its almost a nice family picnic!I guess I need to try some of the stuff on here on my longer rides and see what works best.

No real point in posting other than to summarise the thread for my own benefit.

05/01/2013 at 10:15

I use Nuun or SiS Zero, bananas, banana malt loaves and gels.

If out and feeling a bit hungry I buy a bottle of water and a bottle of coke and mix the 2.

In a marathon I ran I used Haribos and their sports drink.

15/01/2013 at 14:56

Pre Race - 2 bowls of porridge with honey.

T1 - Bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, tea

Bike - 5 litres of cytomax plus Flapjack, donuts, pot noodle

T2 - Pasta with chicken

Run - bowl of corn flakes, mug of tea.

Day 2 to 10 - pretty much the same :O)

Doner Kebab    pirate
15/01/2013 at 18:33

theres gotta be pizza in there too Dave, and rice pud 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.