Obtaining a bike temporarily!

3 messages
06/07/2008 at 15:31

Hello

Having started tri's on a trial basis this year, and enjoying it hugely, I'm planning to sign up for IMCH 2009 and will be buying gear later this year.

In August this year I'm doing London Tri, and it's become very apparent that whatever I do on my hybrid bike, I'll be left in the dust by racing bikes. I don't have the money at the moment to buy a decent racing bike that will do for 2008 and 2009, and I don't want to spend money (I don't have) unnecessarily now for one or two events this summer.

Shall I bite the bullet, do London on a hybrid and save up for a good bike for next year, or could anybody tell me of anywhere that rents road bikes on a short term basis? I'm in London btw.

Many thanks  

JPenno    pirate
06/07/2008 at 15:45
T & B - triuk do a bike rental and I think SBR do too. You may be better doing london on the hybrid (saving the rental fees) and then waiting for the end of season sales to buy for next year.
ImRio    pirate
06/07/2008 at 15:52
I will be selling my Giant OCR 3 any time now (and definitely before London Tri).  Its a 51cm frame 27speed triple.  If you are interested you can email me.   £250+ postage and its yours

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.