official pirate championship race 2008

ironman france nice

1 to 20 of 4,139 messages
04/06/2007 at 18:51
there was enough of a cohort at bala to reach a quick consensus which event will the 'official' one next year - i.e. the big one, with the shields and awards. so Ironman France Nice was picked.

it's easy to get to, well organised, a nice place for a holiday, and doesn't fill up so quickly. also, more to the point, not many pirates have done it. no rush, but an early warning is obviously an idea for people who want to plan their season.

as ever, there will be a lot of help for any beginners who want to take the plunge and move up to full distance.

re this year's race, in Austria next month, mr m should win the fast shield this year, so if you kick ass in France you might have the honour of having your moniker engraved beneath such illustrious names as him, rosie and TC.

as far as the most piratey shield, that's still open for whoever turns out to be the biggest clown at austria, but any newbies and almost-newbies out there who can develop a good level of numtiness might fing themselves engraved under the less auspicious monikers of barlist, ergo and some other miscreant.

hopefully we'll see a lot of you there in 2008, new faces and old alike
04/06/2007 at 18:53
um, i wrote that. please nobody wave a headsweat at me. i'm very, very sorry.

anyway, see you in France
M...eldy    pirate
04/06/2007 at 18:58
oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
04/06/2007 at 18:59
What about Roth?
04/06/2007 at 19:00
no, he's rejoined van halen so he won't be training for an ironman
04/06/2007 at 19:01
anyway barlist, don't you have something to apologise to meldy for? something about a wall of garbage?
04/06/2007 at 19:01
May consider it. See how this season ends first. When do entries open Candy...?
M...eldy    pirate
04/06/2007 at 19:02
you were grassed up Mr Ollier!
04/06/2007 at 19:02
no, just beer and a couple of tins of magners
04/06/2007 at 19:03
race is late june cath, so after then
04/06/2007 at 19:05
Will keep an eye open then. Many thankies.

Oh s'pose I should let the Mr know. :-D
04/06/2007 at 19:07
Do you know where(if) we can find out what date it will be held next year? I looked on the Ironman website and discovered it was a bit rubbish. Of course it may not have been released yet.

I am wondering whether it would make me a really bad friend to miss someone's wedding to do an Ironman (and the Ironman is winning at the moment).
GOM.    pirate
04/06/2007 at 19:15
Depending how Austria goes, might head to Lanza next year!

But what ever happens, I'll be there to support.
Garr    pirate
04/06/2007 at 19:16
Ooh, ooh, err, ooh... I dunno.

I really want to do another, but a) I don't want to do it without training properly (again) b) I might be inclined to go for (H)IMUK since it's really close and would keep the cost down for me. Having just got a mortgage, this may be essential.

I'll see.

Would love to set sail under the jolly roger again!
04/06/2007 at 19:18
these things tend to be on the same dates (or therabouts) each year.....so check this year's date and then you have a good approximations for next year

IMCH however is a month earlier this year so my theory may be all bollox

me and Petal "might" be there - see how the 2 this year goes first
Plum    pirate
04/06/2007 at 19:26
You will be too old by then FB
04/06/2007 at 20:21
France, zoot alors!

Right thats my french done so I can get down to just shouting loudly at people in a London accent now.

Goody, I now know offically what my next target is, and Im a shoe in for the most piratey award, in fact Ive probably done enough in the last month to win it without doing anything else.
04/06/2007 at 20:25
Sounds good - fits with NM and can target a fast time.

I also fancy Roth
oxymoron    pirate
04/06/2007 at 20:30
lol candy, a top quality Bearism.

sounds like an excellent venue for a pirate trip, have i mentioned that before? The plentiful sun, sea and prostitution seem sure to make it the best pirate IM yet!
M...eldy    pirate
04/06/2007 at 20:32
I think you may have mentioned it once or thirty six times
1 to 20 of 4,139 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.