getting started with stupid questions and a goal

181 to 200 of 601 messages
IronCat5    pirate
18/09/2012 at 11:36

At #12 - you'll get in.

18/09/2012 at 13:25
I'm going to take my Pom poms to Nottingham
18/09/2012 at 15:11

Talking of injured. Sounds as though I have a calcaneal stress fracture. Fun fun fun! 

Well done for popping yourself on the waiting list Sarge. Sounds as though you're sustaining the training really well. 

19/09/2012 at 12:50
3mile run last nite. 40.12. Mostly ran , with a little fast walking to drop the hr. hotel swim tonight and then maybe some stationary bike into a short run

Need to edge the distance/time up next month, but the base is comming along nicely

Aiming to swim 200wu200dr r
400 pace 200dr 200 wd
Lol - aiming .... Who am i kidding

Oh and work has me 10 miles from triuk shop in yeovil in 2 weeks time... Must leave plastic cards in the car . Proper bloke window shopping for all things tri

And did i mention how nice stafford tri were on my first seasion. Not a snigger or a smirk - mind you, they didnt see me swim
Hows everyone doing ?
19/09/2012 at 14:11

Well done mate for braving the tri club. What did they have you doing? Unfortunately, the joy of tri includes the looks of frustration from the OH as more kit comes thru the door.
I'm off for my last pt session. Using the injury to encourage myself to swim and cycle more. Start New programmers today, gentle start. Limited running. At least have all winter to get sorted... Have lost 22lb so far though.  

19/09/2012 at 16:41
Does anyone have any guidance on adjusting a gym stationary bike to effective use in bike session?

Im thinking the position is a problem being too relaxed with a huge saddle restricting movement and crappy pedal straps?
19/09/2012 at 16:57
SgtLard wrote (see)
Does anyone have any guidance on adjusting a gym stationary bike to effective use in bike session?

Im thinking the position is a problem being too relaxed with a huge saddle restricting movement and crappy pedal straps?

yes - get a turbo so you can use your own bike.  gym bikes are generally too crap to get much useful exercise from them.

19/09/2012 at 17:32
Another thing to pack for next time
20/09/2012 at 23:14
Lovely run tonight , 1hr1 4.65 miles : longest ever - couldve been more but the gym wanted to close.

Another bogeyman slayed - i ran for over an hour - another 15mins or so givesme a 10k number to whittle away at. Extrapolating out makes a marathon around 5hrs15. Not that i could sustain the pace that long today ..... ( i know, the number is as usefull as a 'nick clegg')

Bedtime now
21/09/2012 at 22:19

Bloody HRT monitor is having a breakdown.  Accurex+ has served me faithfully on, off and on again for many years.  Now, 3 batteries died in 3 days and its proving a pain in the arse.

monitor straps a re cool - gym kit picks up the ticker nicely.  just the watch receiver playing up.  I have asked IF the polar UK can service the thing ( and how much ).  

Might mean a garmin acquisition is escalated - no point piddling around and then ending up with 2 devices later. ( I like being able to download and graph the workouts ).

OK. time for bike - then too bed. Hows everyone doing ?

23/09/2012 at 22:29

A great weekend, with a another 5k running on saturday night - resulting in a new pb of 37:47. However, I really must put a little effort into staying in Z2, and leave the ego elsewhere.

a wonderful session in the pool this evening, nice coach from tri club has set me on my way with a couple of drills to improve arm action. covered about 1000m - which is more swimming in one night than in the last year.

Roll on next week.  How is everyone else ?

24/09/2012 at 09:04

See  we said that a Tri Club coach wouldn't eat you !!!

Messed about at th egym Friday, Saturday set off running down the bridleway near home, gorgeous morning, nice weather was 5 miles from home before I realised, So a great 10 miler doen.

Looking out of the window this morning I can swim round our close !!!

24/09/2012 at 17:40
Hotel run machine for me tonight-assuming the gym is open on arrival !
IronCat5    pirate
24/09/2012 at 17:45

Get outside Sgt! That's an order soldier!

24/09/2012 at 17:57
Durham at 9ish in the wet n wind, with only starlight ti guide me around the hotel grounds and golf course. Sounds like another easy day on the grindstone to fitness
24/09/2012 at 18:06
If it was easy, it would be called football !
24/09/2012 at 18:08
Im treadmilling to get started and get a solid base, then ive got a couple of local road loops with 2,3 and 5 mile distances and a few mild hills. The treadmill is a solid unit, with several programmes and its never lower than 2 elvation.

As soon as i get a straight 45z2 run without walkies, i promise a 3miler on hardtop.

Fixed the pm with a judicious bending of connectors and a fresh battery. Still, will be at triuk in yeovil on wednesday and maybe triathlonshop bristol on wednesday/thursday so i might accidnetally get a 910xt - honest

Want to get that base first though. First weigh in on sunday - i wonder what ive lost ?
24/09/2012 at 18:17
Your marbles ?
IronCat5    pirate
24/09/2012 at 18:49
SgtLard wrote (see)
Durham at 9ish in the wet n wind, with only starlight ti guide me around the hotel grounds and golf course. Sounds like another easy day on the grindstone to fitness

Iiiiiinteresting. I maybe working in Durham every now and again, and was looking at that place or the Marriott (which has a gym and pool). What's it like?

24/09/2012 at 21:34
Devere at slaley hall: imense ..... And its too dark to see properly
181 to 200 of 601 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.