oh bugger, another fat newbie.....

getting started with stupid questions and a goal

261 to 280 of 576 messages
17/10/2012 at 19:29

Im buzzin and brickin at the same time.

so much to arrange and so little time.

ooo and I really need to do more workouts on schedule. swimming and biking and all that jazz.

and more kit ordered

and OH god. Im doing half an outlaw now....  mommy !

17/10/2012 at 19:57
Tranquilo tranquilo.....
18/10/2012 at 13:01
Like a swan on the surface......
19/10/2012 at 12:57

In dire need of daytime exercise. OH is getting a bit stroppy of me choosing treadmill/turbo over emerdale/coronation/eastender marathon sessions

I tried telling her Id choose having my leg knawed of by rabid badgers rather than watch any of that shit. Didnt take it well

But were moving offices, and Im planning to do my running on the roads there - and just need to figure a military wash n wipe as their is no shower.  I can get a hour in each day - so 3-4 miles am or 3-4 miles midday and a hor swim as an alternate.  Bike will have to be at home - long run might need a bit more planning.  Might stretch to bike to/from pool - but its only 3 miles each way so maybe not practical.

and im taking home chocolates tonight as a an attempt lower the friction point in the relationship. ( I will have to point out the implications of being fit enough to do an iron distance without dying, but maybe not tonight )

hows everyone doing ? does anyone care who killed carl ? does anyone know who carl is ?

19/10/2012 at 13:05

Who is carl??

I am suffering from a lack of motivation this week - got to my original short term goal a couple of weeks ago and been a bit lost ever since. Done lots of turbo sessions this week, but no running since Sunday and no swimming. Oh dear.

I change jobs on Monday though and the change of hours means I can get in 3 solid hours before work. So now I just need a new something to aim for before Christmas....

19/10/2012 at 13:24

i think his character died in soap land ... and being soap land, when I say died - he was murdered by any of the other characters but were not sure who ?

not that I care at all. but OH cares that I dont so I do. ( now )

their is a aquathon in burntwood on the 18th nov. and someone mentioned that their is some duathlons in surrey. ( wherever that is )

19/10/2012 at 20:18

murder? sounds grisly. my turbo is set up pointing at the telebox but even that hasn't enticed me to soapland yet...

19/10/2012 at 21:03

My turbo is set up infront of the TV I dont watch any soaps ever though or worse still reality TV god forbid!

I stick mtv on really really loud and find an hour can go really fast

19/10/2012 at 21:19

I'm working my way through Sherlock Holmes...90 minutes of intrigue and B Cumberwhatsit  

Blisters    pirate
19/10/2012 at 23:47

Uh oh Sgt. I wondered how long the support and enthusiasm might last.
This seems to be the first test of resolve and commitment.

20/10/2012 at 10:48

I have the first season of Dexter to get through... Just need a turbo now! 

20/10/2012 at 11:24

Got my run in last nite.  didnt feel good. 34.45 for 5k but it was hard work - couldnt get a rythm going. 

need to drop a bike session today and run tomorrow before a day off...

a turbo infront of the tv - i suspect that might be a akin to bringing home a couple of open minded girlfriends at tea time. 

my turbo is set up in the conservatory - about as far away from them as possible.

20/10/2012 at 13:33
Mmm wonders how I can get an invite o Sgt's place for tea
20/10/2012 at 14:36
Lol dave.

Got the bike session in! Has anyone come across spinnervals? Similar to sufferfest maybe?

Just wondering how fit i need to be before trying out such motivation...

Long run tomorrow.....
22/10/2012 at 00:02
Long run done. Rest tomorrow
22/10/2012 at 08:08
Sounds good, never used spinnervals or sufferfest, so can't help

I have a couple of the tacx DVDs that I sometimes watch
22/10/2012 at 08:32

Cameron killed Carl but right beforehand he was given a good pasting by his brother Jimmy and then belted rounfd the head by his ex Chastity. So viewers know whodunit but are going to have to sit through weeks of wrongful arrests, court cases, innocent actors going to jail and loads of anguished soapy wailing. And you can now chat to your other half about it and pretend you actually give a toss. LOL!

22/10/2012 at 08:52
Sweet
23/10/2012 at 11:04

of to London tomorrow... 2 days inthe city. oh joy. 

No Bike   ( gym bikes are pony, im not joining a national gym chain for one night only, im not setting up a turbo inthe car park of a london hotel - will have to pull a bike session forward to tonight, a nice little 60 min turbo with a couple of surges...

Lots of treadmill Running   ( as im time squeezed between meetings, travelling, entertaining customers and attending meetings. ) pre breakfast pre dinner hour sessions. should get 2 lots of 4.5 miles in with showers and what not.

will have to placate OH on return so no session thursday nite. - hence important to get the breakfast running in....slip the wednesday brick to friday and back to long sessions at the weekend.

job planned, juggle - juggle

swimming is proving to be a pain in the arse - ill have to get one of those trainer pools installed - just dont tell the OH how much they cost ......

23/10/2012 at 16:16

not finding a london thread. ill be near euston, so perhaps a gentle jog up toregents park and back.

which way is gangland these days?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.