oh bugger, another fat newbie.....

getting started with stupid questions and a goal

341 to 360 of 582 messages
18/11/2012 at 18:09

being last doesn't matter, it is better than not bothering in the first place, and at this time of year a lot of people don't participate in events that do in the summer

18/11/2012 at 18:13
107......... So there were 30 million in the country behind you !

Good result
18/11/2012 at 18:20

Go Sarge

No coulda,shoulda,woulda for you well done you should be well chuffed

18/11/2012 at 18:36
Chuffed . Very smuug and with a war wound to boot.
I swam 400 in 8-09 and shoulda/coulda been faster but for taking car not to swim over/into others or flip turn.....

Very chuffed indeed, thank you everyone.

18/11/2012 at 20:53

Top work Sarge, most chuffed for you! Onwards and upwards buddy!

19/11/2012 at 11:48

Well done Sarge , saobotaged by an ASBO kurb and a counting issue and still finished.  Onwards and upwards.

19/11/2012 at 13:21

Well done Sarge! first step on the Outlaw ladder complete.

Blisters    pirate
19/11/2012 at 22:21

Dammit Sarge, that swim time is faster than mine. I'm so glad that you didn't see me stick my foot out to trip you up.

107 finished that race, and you were one of them. 64 million did not even bother to enter. There's a load of couch potatoes within that number. As they say, you've got to be in it....

21/11/2012 at 07:26
Indeed. I got a finishers medal at th e weekend. What did you do?

Ankle has calmed down a bit, swelling is reducing nicely and the bruise is presenting a lovelly vermillion stripe around the end of my leg. Lateral movement is still ather painfull, as is walking up/down stairs or on uneven pavement. Can flex/extend the foot in a straight line so maybe another days rest/grumpiness and then a turbo session to get the ball rolling so to speak

Might skip running until next week when the beuising should have subsided and pain has deminshed

Meanwhile my xmas 910 arrived and im staring at the box ...... I mean, christmas is not mandatory. I think i promised myself something for finishing..... and the OH would rather buy me socks and other uber useful stuff ... Id be doing her a favour really......
21/11/2012 at 08:10
At the weekend ? 15 miles of hill walking in the Lakes and a 10 mile run

Didn't get any medals tho, although I did scoff a full cooked Englsh without a flicker of guilt

Take it steady with the ankle, they can take ages if you rush
21/11/2012 at 09:48
Just had an acid test : 300m sprint between aurport terminals to get onto the right flight to dublin. As of landing, ankle isnt complaining too much
21/11/2012 at 11:46
SgtLard wrote (see)
Meanwhile my xmas 910 arrived and im staring at the box ...... I mean, christmas is not mandatory. I think i promised myself something for finishing..... and the OH would rather buy me socks and other uber useful stuff ... Id be doing her a favour really......

mine too . it keeps calling to me to take it out of it's box for a test drive/run/bike/swim. but to be honest i think the OH might have my knackers on a plate if i tampered with it before Christmas

Blisters    pirate
21/11/2012 at 23:09
SgtLard wrote (see)
Indeed. I got a finishers medal at the weekend. What did you do?

Now THAT's the kind of motivational fighting talk I like to hear. Whatever I did do, it doesn't warrant a reply to a rhetorical question.

22/11/2012 at 13:28

Welll..

Jammy Dodger 2 wrote (see)
SgtLard wrote (see)

mine too . it keeps calling to me to take it out of it's box for a test drive/run/bike/swim. but to be honest i think the OH might have my knackers on a plate if i tampered with it before Christmas

seems mine doesnt have any sticky tape 'stopping' me from messing with it. so its really about delayed gratification i suppose......

Edited: 22/11/2012 at 13:36
22/11/2012 at 13:37
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
At the weekend ? 15 miles of hill walking in the Lakes and a 10 mile run

Didn't get any medals tho, although I did scoff a full cooked Englsh without a flicker of guilt

Take it steady with the ankle, they can take ages if you rush

I was cooking a full breakfast at tea time - minus black pudding  9as the veggie/vegan OH+dependant no1  wont have that'muck' in the house

22/11/2012 at 13:39

lol blisters

see you race day one day. thats the only answer that matters

22/11/2012 at 13:42

We tend not to get Sunday breakfast til at least 12 noon and often later, Once we have done what ever training we had in mind...

.... Bit of a weekly treat

Blisters    pirate
22/11/2012 at 19:03
SgtLard wrote (see)

lol blisters

see you race day one day. thats the only answer that matters

Yeah, that sounds good to me. I've got a marathon booked for January, as a bit of fun, so we'll see if I can better 3:28 this time, and definitely no walking. Maybe.

23/11/2012 at 15:31

so annoying. want to train. would train (if OH would take an hour to go shopping). having to wait til lthe ankle is a consistent colour rather than red n white hoops

grrrr

23/11/2012 at 15:46
Chill, how about some weights work, do some stretching , Swiss ball ?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.