oh bugger, another fat newbie.....

getting started with stupid questions and a goal

461 to 480 of 1,163 messages
19/02/2013 at 09:04
Pull yourself together, no one ever said this lark was easy. You have made it difficult for yourself, but it's not insurmountable

No buck up and get on with it.... It's not a knitting club
19/02/2013 at 14:22

noted. time to SUMO

19/02/2013 at 14:53

lol. HTFU it is then.

22/02/2013 at 10:28

knit one, pearl one, run twice, bike once.....long bike tomorrow. hot bath tonight -=feeling a little stiff.

22/02/2013 at 11:00

run twice and bike once..............  What on Thursday ?

Get your act together or we will send the boys round (or Meldy)

22/02/2013 at 13:07

run wednesday, bike thusday, run this morning......please dont send the boys round. im in enough trouble

22/02/2013 at 14:33
Taking it easy are we ?
24/02/2013 at 13:18

arrrgh. been summonsed sooner than expected, means ill probably be free to drive before the half outlaw and onwards.

bugger is I withdrew as I was rather sure I wouldnt be.

ill have to get through court, get the details and re-enter if possible/appropriate. may actually miss the DIY instead!

long bike today, long run tomorrow. day off yesterday. OH insisted on spring cleaning and 'helping around the house'

24/02/2013 at 13:32
How far is a long bike ?
24/02/2013 at 22:31

for me, an hour on the turbo is long right now.

an hour an 15 for the run in the morning.

25/02/2013 at 06:57
Ah a gentle warm up ready for a proper ride
25/02/2013 at 12:29

indeed. looking forward to a lot of bike time shortly 

27/02/2013 at 23:44

dunno how. hurt my thigh a couple of days ago. running is not happening to plan.

so more bike. jumped on trainerroad. picked a similar turbo to mine ( ie. the current version of the one I bought around 1.5 children ago ) and created a baseline with the 20 minute test.

( the numbers I get , i can use on this turbo config and nowhere else until I validate my own turbo's powercurve or upgrade the trainer. the later will happen when ive dealt with the consequences of a moments stupidity )

now, completed the 20 minute test. tried to read the bible on power training. just very confused and sweaty now? so much easier when your a pro and the pro team provides a coach and a geek to figure all this stuff out.  but I think my relative ( to my configuration only ) FTP is 172 = so I should be able to hammer out at 172 indefinately ?

head hurts. legs hurt. time for a wash and a sleep

hows everyone doing otherwise ?

Cortina5    pirate
28/02/2013 at 09:09
PrivateLard wrote (see)

dunno how. hurt my thigh a couple of days ago. running is not happening to plan.

so more bike. jumped on trainerroad. picked a similar turbo to mine ( ie. the current version of the one I bought around 1.5 children ago ) and created a baseline with the 20 minute test.

( the numbers I get , i can use on this turbo config and nowhere else until I validate my own turbo's powercurve or upgrade the trainer. the later will happen when ive dealt with the consequences of a moments stupidity )

now, completed the 20 minute test. tried to read the bible on power training. just very confused and sweaty now? so much easier when your a pro and the pro team provides a coach and a geek to figure all this stuff out.  but I think my relative ( to my configuration only ) FTP is 172 = so I should be able to hammer out at 172 indefinately ?

Well done on the 20 minute test. They're never fun. Lots of controvosy on how hard to do the 5 minute section too. Will you share your TR page? Which Bible are you using?

Your FTP is Functional Threshold Power, Threshold being the key part. This is the all-out power you can put out for an hour. Power zone wise this lives in Zone 4 (Threshold) For IM (i.e. all day pace) you'll want to be in Endurance, which is Zone 2.

28/02/2013 at 10:01

Hi

I uploaded it onto garminconnect as http://connect.garmin.com/activity/278398204

not sure if you can see this http://www.trainerroad.com/career/sgtlard

the bible would appear to be 'training and racing with a power meter' by Allen and Coggan? 

managed a nice outdoor run this morning, legs will be hammered by tea time. not sure how to fit a session in tomorrow - should be bike, but promised OH a night out....  maybe around the business park before work? loops maybe. or another run? ( I need a longer than 1hr bike session )

SaintB    pirate
28/02/2013 at 10:47
Pooh, got 2 new people to stalk on trainer road now Wished there was an option to add as friends instead of having to bookmark pages.

Well done lard, keep at trainer road, it's done wonders for me. I started of with an FTP of around 135W back in December, I completed the int base training plan and have managed to get it up to 225W now. So it seems the short inyerval sessions have worked for me, although they have prob just made me better at doing 20 min tests

Nice and tidy graph there Cat, wish mine was as neat
SaintB    pirate
28/02/2013 at 10:48
*ooh, not pooh
SaintB    pirate
28/02/2013 at 10:50
http://www.trainerroad.com/career/richardsdrr?pg=1
Cortina5    pirate
28/02/2013 at 12:19

Ta RR. Don;t forget to turn the smooting on.

Great start Pvt! That book truly is the Bible, though it's worth sampling some other viewpoints.Read the bit at the back about training for IM bike legs and the zones to be in.

TR has polarised the way I train on the bike, and I'm seeing big changes when I race. This is a year of short racing so an hour of threshold or VO2 intervals helps me alot.

12/03/2013 at 13:38
Any news to share Lard?

I've been lurking, just wondered are you still in the game?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.