oh bugger, another fat newbie.....

getting started with stupid questions and a goal

121 to 140 of 572 messages
06/09/2012 at 09:05
Should my feet ( toes and ball theirof ) be cold after 40 mins of turbo ?

Maybe the shoes were tight or maybe i need new shoes ?

Maybe it was the locale - 10deg ?

Too tired to run alst night. New job, long hours or lazyitous.

Will be running tonight and maybe another turbo torture session

Hoping to get some pooltime with the local clubs on sun and/or monday
06/09/2012 at 09:44

Need to go out on bike - soooo tired! 

07/09/2012 at 08:11
Another crappy run....need to get my head sorted
Pethead    pirate
07/09/2012 at 08:39

Don't worry too much about crappy running, jumping off the bike and running feels pretty crappy regardless of your skill level!

07/09/2012 at 08:47
Lots of time. Don't start beating yourself up this early. Baby steps. You will have nothing left if you mess up your head now
07/09/2012 at 09:51
Not quiting, just revisiting what made it work and what changes to make it miserable. Still did 35mins or so l2+

Need to drop the pace and stay l2, need to switch to am pre work commute ( and avoid eating before running - its uncomfortable even afyer waiting 90mins )

Rest hrt dropping- was 82 now 74. im topping at 172 even at pace in the run ( too high but 12pts lower than whwn i started).

Need to take a little step back and continue to build it up to a 5k distance run ready for my first event in nov and a decision on iron or (not)

Bike tonight, sat off and swim on sunday ...
TheEngineer    pirate
07/09/2012 at 13:23
slowerthanilook wrote (see)
And there's nothing in the rules, Sarge, that says you have to like running. Or swimming. Or, erm, biking for 7 hours. Iron distance is horrible but you get a nice t-shirt
Love this. 

Edited: 07/09/2012 at 13:24
07/09/2012 at 13:44
Im only in it for the t shirt
07/09/2012 at 13:51
Aren't we all (and the claim we are training so hard I can drink all the Guinness I want without getting fat !)
07/09/2012 at 21:46
So, does ironman uk sell out fast or not?

Seems outlaw goes in a couple of months?

Need to get my commitment made to secure that bhag moment
Dustboy    pirate
07/09/2012 at 22:47

IMUK? Not really. Can usually still get in 3 months before. It's not a popular race on these forums but I think it's better than it was. 

I'd expect cold feet in 10 degrees out in the open but not in the garage on a turbo. 

07/09/2012 at 23:28
Outlaw, iron uk or challenge henley...?

Is their. 70.3 somewhere near may ( following fink ... A 70.3 before im )?
Dustboy    pirate
08/09/2012 at 00:40

Outlaw. Swim sighting is peasy, aim for the big yellow blob in the sky on the way up the lake.

08/09/2012 at 08:13
Another turbo session straight ut of the manual, 40mins l2 @ 90rpm

Worked up a sweat but not out of breath? Legs a bit stiff first half but ok later, feet cold - shoes are too tight across the ball of foot. ( load carrying has spread my toes ! Lol )

So, i need to add 2mins to each session and make sunday omg o'clock my road work session next week.

May try running tonight and resting tomorrow

Paper copys of fink and hank should arrive today so plenty bedtime reading

Resting pulse might by 64 ! Down from a high of 80 ( wake up, monitor on, sit down and relax but not back to sleep ). Still a fat pig though lol
08/09/2012 at 08:23

Morning Sarge. I've annoyed myself this week, work got in the way of training. So I sympathize, sounds like you remain positive. Always good to have a focus. I'm off for a relay run with dogs again shortly. Bike tomorrow, hopefully not as foggy. Have a top weekend all!

08/09/2012 at 09:04

Sgt - that is a massive fall in your resting hr, well done

MrsD - yeah, work has scuppered my training this week too, and to be honest I feel exhausted at the moment so not doing the planned bike ride. Must do my long run tomorrow though, with a marathon coming up I see that as the priority of my training. the tris that are coming up are going to suffer from my lack of biking though!

IronCat5    pirate
08/09/2012 at 10:25
Dustboy wrote (see)

Outlaw. Swim sighting is peasy, aim for the big yellow blob in the sky on the way up the lake.

I followed your instruction to the T Dustboy.

Why did everyone turn right leaving me alone? (not a joke).

08/09/2012 at 11:08
Ive got loads of travel&hotels comming up. Made sure that they a) have a gym, b)have my home made trx trainer ready c) found a swimming pool nearby.

Plan is to run on checkin,run in morning pre breaky and/or swim. Dont fancy using a stationary bike much
Dustboy    pirate
08/09/2012 at 11:10

You missed the green filter light they put on the bottom telling you to turn right?

IronCat5    pirate
08/09/2012 at 12:44
SgtLard wrote (see)
Ive got loads of travel&hotels comming up. Made sure that they a) have a gym, b)have my home made trx trainer ready c) found a swimming pool nearby.

Plan is to run on checkin,run in morning pre breaky and/or swim. Dont fancy using a stationary bike much

I travelled a lot during Outlaw training, and it was some of the best quality weeks. I found I had to get in from work, dump my bag then run, or else I'd never make it out.

Did a lot of time on the stationary bikes. Not junk milage sitting there, but using an audio workout (see Chrissie Wellington's pyramid sessions on Audio Fuel). Sweating buckets on a gym bike followed by a run through reception in to the cold for a 15 min brick.

Early morning swims are so much easier when all you have to do is go down to the hotel pool. If the pool is off-site I would often go direct from work and run in the morning.

I used to put the bike in the car, but it was hassle.

121 to 140 of 572 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.