oh bugger, another fat newbie.....

getting started with stupid questions and a goal

141 to 160 of 575 messages
08/09/2012 at 12:52
One of Holgs mates tells the story of arriving at his hotel mid evening and finding a guy on his turbo in the car park !

Prior to The Outlaw I was away every week for a couple of months did loads of running and a few swim sessions at the local pool...

Basically work gets in the way of training. And then they dumped me the day before The Outlaw. Thanks guys (not)
08/09/2012 at 13:54

I am really tired this week too had a lousy week of working nights Monday and Tuesday off Wednesday, days Thursday and Friday, and nights tonight and off tomorrow had to really push myself to train but have managed 2 swims 2 runs and a bike today (fell off unclipping) and planning to bike tomorrow

Figure if I can get through this week and train 6 days next week back on days will be easy by comparison as my body clock doesn't even know what day it is

OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
08/09/2012 at 23:33

decided to read this thread for the first time......

Sgt Lard...  I have mucho respect for your enthusiasm.
Lots of wise words already have been said, if you are consistent over x months, then your fitness will return.

09/09/2012 at 09:04
Good morning all!

Wonderful run this morning. 3.25 in 42 - ipso facto, i can do 5k in 41 or less ( with more training )

Mostly l2 with a bit of ego - need to watch that ego - plan and stick too it

Swim woth tri club tonight ! Lets get wet and hunt the whale...
09/09/2012 at 21:21

Good work Sarge, see the running can be okay. Hope the swim went well, I often live in fear of the greenpeace rescue at the pool! 

Managed to get out on the bike tonight... Did a bit of bike diy in the week and all seems to still be working. Quite chuffed with myself really. Run and pt tomorrow.

Karma, I had a bit of a topple not long ago. Most embarrassing. Well done for staying focused through your nights. I simply can't manage training when on nights.

09/09/2012 at 21:53

grab a turbo trainer MrsD and set the bike up ready to rock when you walk in the door!

it'll help you get to sleep being mentally and physically stressed while the sun is shining.

( hated shifts - glad I now get to work until the work is done instead ! )

09/09/2012 at 21:56

Hmm didn't do any training today as last night was a killer never normally work nights so a week of mixing up nights and days has not been fun at least I have done 5 days this week looking on the positive side

09/09/2012 at 22:20

Oh dear.... jsut got my early bird email for Ironman UK ....  Bolton, 4th August. no doubt its £400+ or so and with 5000 onthe earlybird list I might have to jump or fall.

Its further out than Outlaw, but their is a chance of fitting in a half Iron before hand as per Fink. More time to get ready and track progress into finishing.

Decisions are needed far too early in my training - making it a punt in any case as I cannot buy a wetsuit to fit today and im getting the distinct feeling the bike is too big to get comfortable on tri bars.

missed my swim slot. traffic/household duties/feeding kids . Still, I did run today and I shall bike tomorrow. Swimming will have to wait another week...

anybody watch the 70.3 championships on livestream via ironman.com ?

10/09/2012 at 14:40
So, ironman 2013 is ??375 !

Anybody know how severe the course is ?

Hotel swimming session beckons, 18m pool! So 23 lengths = 400m then onto a treadmill for a gentle 3miler... Should confirm my aquathon plans are more than pipe dreams

50mins turbo l2 tonight. Might watch outlaw on channel 4 internet tv whilst spinning away in darkness....

This is proving to be much more fun than i expected. Just want my outlaw pre invite to arrive on a good day and ill be out of excuses AND ??250
purpletrilady    pirate
10/09/2012 at 17:45

Hi SgtLard

Outlaw is a relatively easy course and is a good one for a first timer, esp if you are slow. Its flatish and has a 17hr cut off.

Its also cheaper and has great pirate support 

10/09/2012 at 18:24

Come play at Outlaw Sarge! You know you want to. Top work on the training, hope you're resting well too! 
Pt session attended, unfortunately wrong day and wrong time. All round balls up. Run instead. Bike over to boxfit tomorrow. Hoping for turbo next month... 
Keep plugging on Karma, the mix of days and nights is a killer. Seems to take me ages to get back on an even keel. 

10/09/2012 at 23:27
Wonderful 50 mins turbo at l2. Watched outlaw 2012 replay on channel 4.

This is getting addictive.......

Outlaw 2013 ... We shall see ;-D
11/09/2012 at 17:02
It's a tough bike course at Bolton. For the Outlaw I didn't come off the big ring once and I'm no bike god

Really enjoyed Bolton bike tho
11/09/2012 at 22:03
Oulaw early bird entry opened.

Fcuk it. Im off the fence and looking forward to 8 months of missery ad 14hrs-/+ of hell for a snazzy tshirt and bragging rights.

Priceless

Just remember, you talked me into it.
purpletrilady    pirate
11/09/2012 at 22:05
SgtLard wrote (see)
Oulaw early bird entry opened.

Fcuk it. Im off the fence and looking forward to 8 months of missery ad 14hrs-/+ of hell for a snazzy tshirt and bragging rights.

Priceless

Just remember, you talked me into it.

excellent 

12/09/2012 at 09:17
Cue "another one bites the dust"
12/09/2012 at 10:08
Should of mentioned, ran 38'18 for 5k pb!

Feeling great right now, although a little tender

Hotel swim tonight and another run tomorrow although ill step the pace back and maybe push the distance out.... A 10k baseline as a mini goal by the end of the month perhaps?

Back to fink and finding the prep races as per his gudance...a half iron seems the most problematic date wise?

He haw!
12/09/2012 at 10:32
Should i start a bolg? Or is that really sad
13/09/2012 at 10:12

Think Marshman best for Outlaw timing Sarge. Have been scrutinising. No training for me, sickly child. 

13/09/2012 at 10:34
Sorry to hear that mrsD. Wishing a swift return to ealth for your little one!

Ill look into marshman directly.

Ran 2.65 in 35 but at l2 like a good boy before breakfast in the hotel. Meeting room has a river of chocolate sweets down
The middle of the table. Todays focus is on not succumbing to the sweets!

May try some turbo tonight when i get home....

Best regards to all
141 to 160 of 575 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.