Oh hurrah, another Outlaw thread!

21 to 40 of 81 messages
kittenkat    pirate
24/06/2012 at 08:53

Hee hee, thinking of what happened to Nige when he mixed racing and beer. Well immediate post racing to be fair.

24/06/2012 at 09:12

I know I'm going to sound a grumpy bitch and I really don't intend to and please don't take this personally (because I would say the same to anyone) but, on behalf of those camping, is there any chance you could get pissed on Friday night and Sunday night instead of Saturday night? 

Or, you do decide to get wankered on Saturday night, please be a considerate drunk. You are camping with hundreds of people who have to get up the following morning to race and will probably be trying to sleep from 8/9pm.  I'm sure they won't appreciate someone who isn't racing lurching and singing around the campsite.

You've been there. Play nice, please.

Edited: 24/06/2012 at 09:13
kittenkat    pirate
24/06/2012 at 11:13

But but but.... I never want to miss a single opportunity to get blind drunk, run round naked screaming, swearing and singing in front of my kids. It'll keep the psychotherapy industry going for years. It's my way of putting something back into the economy. Can't beat a bit of thinking outside the box to get this country off it's arse. I should be chancellor.

Nicko. Hdau    pirate
24/06/2012 at 13:16

Oh wow KK is coming to Outlaw....

Sorry i meant oh feck

kittenkat    pirate
24/06/2012 at 14:59

http://cckate.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/cat_devil11.jpg

Ultra AJH    pirate
24/06/2012 at 15:33
I'm only there sat night!

I will say though if I was racing I would be in a hotel, not even because of the noise, but because I can barely move in the morning after sleeping on the floor.
Ultra AJH    pirate
24/06/2012 at 15:33
I would rather go to the pub too than sit outside freezing my tits off.
kittenkat    pirate
24/06/2012 at 16:38

I'm happy to go anywhere, as long as it's a kid friendly pub. My girls just sit and read and consume J20 at a rate of knots.

I was just about to say that I wouldn't camp before a race if I could afford a hotel but oh how swiftly I've forgotten the 2 nights on sports hall floors before the Castles.

Isn't there a bar at the campsite? Is there?

Ultra AJH    pirate
24/06/2012 at 17:20
It's by the lake I can't remember why we didn't really drink in there....
kittenkat    pirate
24/06/2012 at 18:50

Too pissed?

meface    pirate
24/06/2012 at 19:44
seren nos wrote (see)

I will be in the electric hookup area so away from the pirate posse.so if barley stays with me then it would mean his snoring should not keep those racing awake................so no problems.........i will pack my earplugs just in case

I ahve slept with lots of pirates but never with barley yet...unless you count the flat earlier in the year but we were in seperate bedrooms...........

kittenkat wrote (see)
http://cckate.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/cat_devil11.jpg

I thought it was another post from Seren.

meface    pirate
24/06/2012 at 19:48
M..ouse wrote (see)

I know I'm going to sound a grumpy bitch and I really don't intend to and please don't take this personally (because I would say the same to anyone) but, on behalf of those camping, is there any chance you could get pissed on Friday night and Sunday night instead of Saturday night? 

Or, you do decide to get wankered on Saturday night, please be a considerate drunk. You are camping with hundreds of people who have to get up the following morning to race and will probably be trying to sleep from 8/9pm.  I'm sure they won't appreciate someone who isn't racing lurching and singing around the campsite.

You've been there. Play nice, please.

Oh shut up you miserable old so and so. Fecking affletes think this whole event revolves around them. If it wasn't for them Marshalls there would be no-one to hurl bottles at you as cycle past hoping for a considerate pass.

So you all have my permission to get pissed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.

Just move your tents next to the tripetalkers if you do it on Saturday night.

M.eface

VT'd    pirate
24/06/2012 at 20:05

I'll be too busy shitting myself and imagining the worst to get any sleep anyhow. 

Wouldn't matter if I was in the comfiest, quietest hotel available or being (disturbed?) by a drunken, naked funfest, I'll still be lacking sleep come 4am.

meface    pirate
24/06/2012 at 20:14
VT'd wrote (see)

I'll be too busy shitting myself and imagining the worst to get any sleep anyhow.

The worst - so that will be a case of the cramps in the swimming and shitting in your own wetsuit.

VT'd    pirate
24/06/2012 at 20:44
m.eface wrote (see)
VT'd wrote (see)

The worst - so that will be a case of the cramps in the swimming and shitting in your own wetsuit.

I would accept that if I could choose.  Worser could be someone else shitting in my wetsuit but I'll probably have it on all night to save time in the morning .

meface    pirate
24/06/2012 at 22:27

M.ouse

I was joking - they don't have to hang around with tripetalkers.

M.eface

Lee the Pea    pirate
24/06/2012 at 22:42
I slept really soundly the nit before IMR...then again i didn't finish, so maybe if you don't sleep you'll do better?
kittenkat    pirate
25/06/2012 at 07:33

I've never slept well the night before a big race, the adrenalin always kicks in early with me.

I also always have a beer the night before a race.

Ultra AJH    pirate
25/06/2012 at 14:56

A big glass of wine seems to work for me  Proper relaxed, but not pissed.

25/06/2012 at 14:59

erm what is the Outlaw exactly being a non tri ponce ?

21 to 40 of 81 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.