Oh hurrah, another Outlaw thread!

61 to 80 of 81 messages
Iron Muffin    pirate
25/06/2012 at 17:17

My kids will be dragged along as well (4 and 5). OH (slowerthanIlook) is planning on hanging out for the marathon near the scoreboard as it is at a sort of intersection. There is some grass to play and a playground there and generally a bit more space than the finish area.

He was talking about setting up for a long picnic and take along some balls to play with. Maybe worth meeting up and the kids can all play.

kittenkat    pirate
25/06/2012 at 17:29
muffin top wrote (see)

My kids will be dragged along as well (4 and 5). OH (slowerthanIlook) is planning on hanging out for the marathon near the scoreboard as it is at a sort of intersection. There is some grass to play and a playground there and generally a bit more space than the finish area.

He was talking about setting up for a long picnic and take along some balls to play with. Maybe worth meeting up and the kids can all play.

I think that's a great idea, my kids are really good with other kids of all ages. It also helps all the parents out. I know both my girls will want to 'look after' the younger ones. I'll PM you my mobile number.

25/06/2012 at 18:35

excuse me KK we are not North of you more sideways

Nottingham is north the only thing of here is Jersey 

kittenkat    pirate
25/06/2012 at 18:53

You're sideways and slightly up.. just ever so slightly.

Ok question for the geographically lazy, how far is Nottingham from Sheffield?

25/06/2012 at 18:57

Nottingham is approx 40 mile south of Sheffield, just down the M1

kittenkat    pirate
25/06/2012 at 19:05
JCDigger wrote (see)

Nottingham is approx 40 mile south of Sheffield, just down the M1

Ok, my brother lives in Sheffield, if we're that close I might suggest we stay there Monday evening... but as vice chair of govs, that's potentially 3 days out of school for my kids, where I *should* be towing the line of no holidays inside school time...

Edited: 25/06/2012 at 19:07
25/06/2012 at 22:47
We're camping, I am getting earplugs for us both Only other Pre-IM camping was at Roth, where there were only a few of us in close proximity, so very quiet. We will be in a corner somewhere see you all at the weekend.
kittenkat    pirate
26/06/2012 at 08:14

26/06/2012 at 08:27
seren nos wrote (see)
Since when is Nottinham north.....surely more mid

East Midlands to be exact, although I reckon it's south!

bburn plO.dder    pirate
26/06/2012 at 09:00
kittenkat wrote (see)
muffin top wrote (see)

I think that's a great idea, my kids are really good with other kids of all ages. It also helps all the parents out. I know both my girls will want to 'look after' the younger ones. I'll PM you my mobile number.

That all sounds great, my girls love meeting up with others and playing. They are also thinking of it as a holiday (with a boring bit where mum does her thing!!).

Mr plodder will be looking for somewhere to hang out, perhaps I'll suggest he heads that way for the marathon, if you have no objections.........

kittenkat    pirate
26/06/2012 at 09:06

You have PM.

I think the kids will be fine, my next problem is how to entertain the dog

kittenkat    pirate
27/06/2012 at 18:14

We seem to have the Outlaw kids club organised, if anyone else is bringing their nippers and wants to meet up, introduce them to each other, please join in

Iron Muffin    pirate
27/06/2012 at 19:37

Dogs and grown ups welcome too

kittenkat    pirate
27/06/2012 at 19:47
muffin top wrote (see)

Dogs and grown ups welcome too

I'm hoping that the camp site is safe enough that I can just leave the kids and run with the dog at various points for a short while.

This might leave some parents running screaming to the NSPCC, but you've got to remember that we live on a huge farm where they just go off like we all did back in the time before, and come back a few hours later, scraped and bruised from climbing stuff. I trust them completely because they are used to freedom.

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
27/06/2012 at 19:49
It's the grown ups in this group I wouldn't trust
kittenkat    pirate
27/06/2012 at 19:57
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
It's the grown ups in this group I wouldn't trust

I don't qualify for that description.

kittenkat    pirate
28/06/2012 at 18:25

Right, we are good to go, sort of half packed and the other half can happen tomorrow. I'm not going to wake the kids up in the morning, we are in no rush.

IronCat5    pirate
28/06/2012 at 21:10

Just for your KK, I have loaded the roof box on to my estate!

Mrs Cat5 thinks I won't need it, but easier to load up this way. Bike gets pride of place in the car.

kittenkat    pirate
29/06/2012 at 06:19
Cat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

Mrs Cat5 thinks I won't need it, but easier to load up this way. Bike gets pride of place in the car.

I have been given a tutorial in how to operate the roof box and put up the tent. I will still be shit at both. It's pissing down here in Devon so I'm going back to bed.

meface    pirate
29/06/2012 at 21:16
Cat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

Thought about putting mine on but as there is just me it would be silly really. Just wanted you lot to have roof box envy!

61 to 80 of 81 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.