Oly or Half in April/May 2013?

Anyone know of a good 'un?

10 messages
19/10/2012 at 11:23

I've got an Outlaw place but might not be able to do it due to family circumstances... so on the lookout for a potential alternative goal earlier in the year. Anyone know of anything good? I've got my name down for the Pirate DIY Half but might be nice to get a cr*ppy plastic medal somewhere as well

19/10/2012 at 11:32

not many OW events in April as it's still too cold - a few pool sprints and olys around. OW season starts in May but be prepared for duathlons if it's too cold.

there's another thread around about halfs if you look

19/10/2012 at 11:50

Thanks buddha, found that thread now. Seem to be mostly later in the year. Decisions, decisions...

19/10/2012 at 12:32
Slateman in May great race
19/10/2012 at 12:35
Ridgebackmax wrote (see)

Looks nice and I'd be well up for the trail run, but no way could I cycle over the Pass. My car struggles enough in 2nd gear

19/10/2012 at 13:06

Thanks Cake, might be a goer. There's a half in Ripon in September too with free camping, not that I'm lazy and don't want to travel more than an hour away from home...

Britrisky    pirate
19/10/2012 at 13:11
RustMan wrote (see)

There's a half in Ripon in September too with free camping...

I did it this year - the camping was very basic indeed, but everything was pretty central apart from a bit of a walk to the swim start. Not hilly at all - small scale but good atmosphere

19/10/2012 at 13:21
RustMan wrote (see)

I've got an Outlaw place but might not be able to do it due to family circumstances... so on the lookout for a potential alternative goal earlier in the year. Anyone know of anything good? I've got my name down for the Pirate DIY Half but might be nice to get a cr*ppy plastic medal somewhere as well

I want an outlaw place so 1 down, 11 more to drop out and I get one

20/10/2012 at 11:59
Ridgebackmax wrote (see)

+1 for that. It is in my calender for Outlaw build up. It does not fit with the schedule but this has an excellent rep and the Sandman (part of the same series) was brilliant this year

22/10/2012 at 00:17
Mallorca 70.3. Very good race

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.