Olympic TT course

2 laps - Saturday 21st

11 messages
IronCat5    pirate
17/04/2012 at 08:36

I'll be doing two laps (~55mi) of the Olympic TT course on Saturday on the pointy bike. Aiming for a 15mph average.

Starting Hampton Court. If it's nice we can stop for vast amounts of coffee and cake by the river after the second lap.

Feel free to join for one lap, or jump on/off the course at various points.

Course map.

Golden Boots    pirate
18/04/2012 at 11:36
I think I might be up for starting with you for this mate, but might shoot off a bit as I would like to see what the stealth can do now - not really had chance to test it yet unfortunately!!
IronCat5    pirate
18/04/2012 at 17:53
Good stuff. 1030-11ish at Hampton Court? Or earlier?
Golden Boots    pirate
18/04/2012 at 18:05
I was thinking much earlier if possible? 8am or something like this if you can do that? It's the cycle show in eager so could be quite busy around those parts - though the sportive isn't until subday
IronCat5    pirate
18/04/2012 at 18:14
Let me check the trains....
IronCat5    pirate
19/04/2012 at 23:03

The trains do run early enough for me to get there at that time. 8am ish at the main gate to Hampton Court?

I'll be in blacknyella on a black TT bike...could get confusing....

Golden Boots    pirate
19/04/2012 at 23:51

Sounds like a plan mate Though might need to check the weather forecast regarding the TT, or could just MTFU! Let me know when your train gets there and I will be there

Anybody else fancy this?

Dustboy    pirate
20/04/2012 at 01:15
Yes, but you children would leave me for dead.
IronCat5    pirate
20/04/2012 at 08:26
Don't worry about the weather. By lunch today I'll have worked out how to drain water out of the Stealth.
Golden Boots    pirate
20/04/2012 at 11:19
yeah but DB when you faff for 40 minutes at the start we're always going to get a bit of a headstart!
IronCat5    pirate
20/04/2012 at 18:01

Right, I'm aiming to be at Feltham at 0735, and then do the 5mi or so to Hampton Court.

If it looks like it's going to rain you'll need to:

1. Tape round seatclamp to cover all gaps and the seatpost.
2. Tape over drain hole near BB.
3. Tape over drain holes on chainstays. One is under rear mech cable.
4. Tape over drain holes on seatstays. Not far from rear drop outs.

And your posh wheels will also fill with water. Consider it weight training . My bike has stopped sloshing now.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.