One week to go

Where all the heroes ?

1 to 20 of 36 messages
27/04/2004 at 16:56
I know you're out there - I've seen the number of messages on other threads !!

Completing a duathlon will automatically qualify you for title of "Hero" in the eyes of all your non sporting family, friends and lardy arsed work colleagues !!

So come on - next tuesday marks the start of the Milton Keynes Duathlon Summer Series (full details on www.big-cow.com)- who's up for it ?
27/04/2004 at 17:27
I would need a jet to get to milton keynes on a tuesday night!

Like to do it though!!
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
27/04/2004 at 23:01
Im in Bandanna Man. Will sort it out tomorrow.

Did you do the TeamMK 10mile TT yesterday, wondered if you were there? Think I clocked 29:57, pretty please as it was my first ever race.
28/04/2004 at 08:23
No - couldn't make the time trial on monday - good first time for you though. Won't be able to make next monday's either - which is not really a good start to the time trial season !!

However will definitely be there on tuesday evening for the first duathlon so hope to ctach up with you then
28/04/2004 at 09:25
The time trials are every week (just in case you wernt aware), since posting b4 ive just realised I may not be able to make the Duathlon after all.

I'll see what I can re-arrange some stuff.
28/04/2004 at 10:21
The route you did on monday for the time trial was the same as the Bucks Bunny circuit we did a few weeks ago, although the start and finish were in different places to make the distance exactly 10 miles. I've never actually broken 30 minutes for the course (so I've gone right off you !!!) 33.11 being my PB. Still going to break the 30 minute barrier one day so will keep trying.

I know your Ironman training is taking up a great deal of your time but if you did manage to fit in the Duathlon I reckon you would enjoy it. Also good practice for the bike to run transition.
30/04/2004 at 11:38
Carl - don't know whether you've seen them or not but the official results for last monday's time trial are now on the TeamMK website. You are shown at 29:57 as you thought.
30/04/2004 at 12:10
Yes thanks BM, have seen the results, as I said really pleased. Blew up after 10 minutes as I started to fast (inexperience) also had cycled 85 miles the day before so will be hoping to break 28 mins soon. Found I enjoyed cycle racing much more than running, am a lot more competitive and the speed makes it much more of a rush.

I really want to have a go at the Duathlon next week and have brought my rest week forward to this week now so will be doing it. Also doing the TT on Monday.

May be a bit stiff though as cycling 100 miles then doing a 10k run straight after on Sunday... eek im dreading it lol.

30/04/2004 at 12:19
Excellent - look forward to meeting you at the duathlon - look out for gold car, silver and black bike and who knows what colour bandanna !! Just hoping the weather forecast improves a bit - at the moment they're saying heavy rain which could make it fun on the bike.

Doing the family bit on monday so won't be doing the time trial.

And sounds like you're trying to kill yourself on sunday !! I assume the ironman training is going well
30/04/2004 at 13:12
Yes see you there, im on a silver and dark grey cannondale with little aero bars. Driving Black Vauxhall Tigra.
30/04/2004 at 13:45
my dad refered to me as 'a hero' the other night for doing TLD. quite taken back cos he's always been a hard b-stard.
30/04/2004 at 13:52
Nice compliment, I guess completing such an event and the commitment needed marks people out in a heroic kind of way.

Im not sure id want to be called a hero but I can understand the meaning and reference to is is recognition of the achievement.
30/04/2004 at 14:16
I think the thing is most people consider each of the individual distances for each discipline as taking some doing - when you put all three back to back that is something really special, even more so when you get up to the ironman distances
30/04/2004 at 14:20
Incidentally the number of entries for tuesday's duathlon is now up to 41 so should be a good turnout. You're not on the list yet Carl so that makes 42 - what about you Daz 43? :-)
30/04/2004 at 14:50
this a duathlon next wed. ill read back.

soz but cant do if next week anyway cos tapering for an a-race - stratford tri.

agree what you say about how people look on an ironman esp when marathon is such an achievement. i still cant believe it myself but looking forward to it.
30/04/2004 at 14:54
Daz - The duathlon next tuesday is the first of a five race series - each event taking place on the first tuesday of the months of May, June, July, August and September - so even if you can't make the first you might want to have a go at some of the others. Full details on www.big-cow.com
30/04/2004 at 15:03
cheers, id like to but same with most races - dont have my own transport so can be a prob.
looks like a good series though - ill check it out. ta!
01/05/2004 at 22:44
Just registered my entry.
04/05/2004 at 08:14
Great stuff - see you tonight - if I can spot you trough the downpour !!!
04/05/2004 at 09:23
The weather is awful...
1 to 20 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.