Outlaw 2013

821 to 840 of 2,491 messages
22/10/2012 at 20:11

Nice TOTP Melds!

..........now I need to read back to see whose arse is on the line 

22/10/2012 at 20:14

Phew s'ok - not my arse then

And er.....thanks Cat and Meldy for your hill "suggestions" - you both know first hand just how crap I am at upflats - whatever you have in mind for me I'll need something gentler!!

PTL - thanks for the link - have stored it for half term reading when I'm the only one in school and nobody pops into my office unexpectedly to catch me on RW !!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/10/2012 at 22:21

Podds isn't it half term for you now then?

Our kids broke up friday but I have 3 days inset. I'm sure the tiredness from 9wks teaching is similar to an IM training plan - I hope so as there have been times when I've thought I can't do this as I'm too tired already.

Question .... given my very slow plod and high HR running *coughs loudly* in z2 just aint gonna happen. So I'm wondering if I hammer the bike training in the next few weeks will this increase my run fitness enough so that when I run I might be able to run *coughs loudly* or do I do loads of running *AKA walking* in z2 or ignore it all?!

My VLM in 2010 which was piss poor (should have been near 5hrs was over 6) saw me average 173 which is the bottom of z4. That's the only time I've followed a plan to the letter - I'm assuming it mainly went tits up due to super six pressure but it's reduced my faith in following plans! Having said that IM is unknown territory to me so I need some sort of plan to go with Rio's words of wisdom!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
22/10/2012 at 22:24

PTL your "strive for progress not perfection" has been written up and stuck to the wall.

Goes with

"Believe in yourself and the rest will fall into place. Have faith in your abilities, work hard and there is nothing you cannot accomplish"

and

"Some people dream of success ... while others wake up and work hard at it"

seren nos yn canu    pirate
23/10/2012 at 08:42

half term next week for us.......going up to teh the snowdon marathon saturday and then walking up snowdon with the kids sunday

citizen 146    pirate
23/10/2012 at 16:31

I am hearing lots of self belief and decent attitudes on this miserable grey day, dreaming of Summer/tents/and Outlaw.....

Britrisky    pirate
23/10/2012 at 18:03
citizen 146    pirate
23/10/2012 at 20:04

citizen 146    pirate
23/10/2012 at 20:08

Last year, my first year at Outlaw, and whilst I was just a non-pirate civilian,  I got to the campsite very early, Friday at about 1000am .

I intend to do the same this year and if it is anything like last year will quickly be surrounded by pirates, I was impressed with the camerarderie (sp) and may be up for a small beer or two on the Friday night.........

Running Postie    pirate
23/10/2012 at 20:32
Not roughing it next year, already booked premier
citizen 146    pirate
23/10/2012 at 20:58

very nice , but perhaps you just need to glamp it up a bit , air matress, chardonay, classical music on the radio...

23/10/2012 at 22:34
Planning on Posh Pirating with electric hook up for the hdlg and the full. But site won't take booking until Jan 2013
23/10/2012 at 22:47
Ok I've edited the above to say half 4 times but it's not showing up. I hope you get what I meant .
citizen 146    pirate
23/10/2012 at 23:20

can't book for the tent community!  Should be great whichever way you spend the weekend..

seren nos yn canu    pirate
24/10/2012 at 08:35

editing isn't working at the moment Ali.....I will be in th posh electric hookup..got to keep the beers cold...and will be there by friday lunchtime no doubt

24/10/2012 at 13:04

We'll be there Friday too but in a tent, those with the hook-up can look after the chardonay for me

Now to get Sunday's marathon out the way to start the training.

24/10/2012 at 15:14

Tired Legs - good luck on sunday. Which marathon are you doing?

I've just done Amsterdam marathon so am now having a well deserved rest

How much training is everyone doing at the moment before proper training begins. Is it a case of just getting out there without too much structure right now?

Will not be in a tent come race day. Was one thing telling my husband that I was doing the outlaw. Another altogether to get him in a tent

24/10/2012 at 19:06

Thanks. Will probably much reduce the running and try to up the biking.When thinking of slowing down on sunday I kept saying to myself "pain, it's going to be painful and you want to do an ironman"God knows how I'll do that run after the swim and bike

The Evil Pixie    pirate
24/10/2012 at 21:59

2m Z2 run today .... well I say run 15mm pace

Followed by 2.5km swim which included massive eye bashing my speedy bloke  - 3hrs later and I still have the red mark. Twat

24/10/2012 at 23:19

For the next month or so I am just planning on getting out and having a bit of fun doing things I don't do in normal training, like trail runs up Pen-y-fan in the Brecon Beacons, and maybe going out on the mountain bike, and working on my form in the swimming.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.