Outlaw 2013

941 to 960 of 2,491 messages
Britrisky    pirate
29/11/2012 at 12:11

Its not definite yet, RP - OH says I can go, but my boss may say no - meeting with him tomorrow to find out whether I can or not ...

I had that injury last year - had to lots of heel dips off stairs ... ? Ended up with orthotics that gave instant relief, and have stuck with them ever since

Britrisky    pirate
30/11/2012 at 09:37
Boss said 'no' - so the upside is no disruption to my training, I guess. Maybe now OH will agree to me having a weekend in Macclesfield instead ...
30/11/2012 at 12:59

What ^ said

Doner Kebab    pirate
30/11/2012 at 13:07
You mean coldest
The Evil Pixie    pirate
02/12/2012 at 10:27

Off to play on my old hybrid and hope it's OK in the icyness!

Done 4hrs training this week 50% of which has been swimming

interestingly my "easy" 300m, my "moderate" 300m and my "hard" 300m are all about the same even though I breath every 4-6 strokes on easy, 3 on moderate and 2 on hard! Figures! Anyway the plan is to get better at swimming to make up for being a crap cyclist and runner!!

1 week to go and actually starting to get excited!

02/12/2012 at 12:55

EP - maybe when you breathe you are slowing yourself down? 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
02/12/2012 at 13:54

Jezz that was damn cold. At least double layers everywhere (well apart from my knees), toes froze (is that just something I have to accept?) and chest noticed my running jacket not being wind proof! Roll on arrival of Pirate Jacket!

Maths maybe! Don't know I just swim! The "harder" sets feel a lot harder than the easy ones, I get out of breath more when working harder.

02/12/2012 at 17:08

EP I had on 5 layers today and was 'just right". I think I'm a wimp tho. 40 miles on the bike and I fell off 50meters from home I live at the top of a hill (good for lots of rain - not so good for cycling up!!) and I just got to the part where it levelled out. I thought I'd got a puncture so tried to look at back wheel and braked a bit but I was going so slow and I'm not totally sure what happened but all of a sudden I was lying on my back (on a grass verge) with my bike on top.Husband looked concerned but all was well and I lay there laughing my head off Nobody saw and I just got up and walked bike home (chain had come off)

First fall clipped in and please may it be the last.

My toes froze too. Had trainer socks and merino wool socks but I have some thermal overshoes on their way.

Fingers frozen but ok after about 5 miles.

Lovely day but shattered now.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
02/12/2012 at 21:04

I had a comedy fall too about 5m in (out of 17) during which head was processing the thought that what I was looking at on a tight corner could either be a melted puddle or sheet ice.... it was the later and I slowly toppled to the side hitting me knee. Didn't think much of it at the time but now my knee is a little sore.

Didn't have issues with fingers as using MTB gloves but my toes were frosty. I was on the old bike so using old running shoes with long socks and short socks on. Next time I'll go for calf guards and thick fluffy thermal socks!

Twas definately fresh out but I enjoyed it, wasn't totally dead after either which was nice.

Not sure what the knee/legs will think of a 5am ice run mind!

Red_dog_chris    pirate
03/12/2012 at 17:04
Got an emaul to say organisers are hopeful to get all on waiting list a place!!!
IronCat5    pirate
03/12/2012 at 17:38

Britrisky - I thought under SABRE they couldn't? It's been a while since I read through it though....

Sunny day with light wind here; a nice 8 miler in my lunch hour.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
03/12/2012 at 21:47

Red Dog Good news! The rest of us got a mail too and that kind of implied that waiting list folk should get in - roll on the new year to find out so start training next week

Legs didn't moan at 5AM - OK they did say WTF and We're tired but no post tumble ouchness

Last week was my biggest week for ages

2 X 30mins run

2 X 30 mins turbo

1 X 1hr 45 Off road bike

2hrs 15 swim (1500m and 3k )

Looking forward to offically starting training next week actually as then I will be an IM in training.

Bike shop has had great fun with my silly 650 wheels. Can't get a 650 trainer tyre, they thought a 700 wheel may fit for the turbo but it was a smidge too big so I'm getting a 650 wheel made up as they appear to be as rare as rocking horse poo. down side this isn't cheap, plus side I have a spare wheel if I have problems!

I'm only ever going to play at tri so won't be getting a new bike (unless I become a devorcee or widow!) so might as well bite the bullet

Britrisky    pirate
03/12/2012 at 22:20

EP - You can swim 4.5k in 2hr 15? Did you have a torpedo?

IM in training - I like the sound of that 

IronCat - no, SABRE can only advise and encourage, but their only powers are if employees are actually deployed, and as a musician that's never gonna happen!!! Sunny Hull, it is, then 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/12/2012 at 05:06

nah it was 3k in 1hr 25 then 1500 seperately!

IronCat5    pirate
04/12/2012 at 09:01

Good going though EP.

Brit - my current employer is based in the US, so very pro-Mil and ensure one is never out of pocket. Previous employer gave me 2 weeks extra unpaid hol. Horses for courses!

04/12/2012 at 17:41

Anybody heard any rumblings about extending the entry beyond the initial 1,000? I'm currently without a race entry for next year but on the reserves list for this one. Tempted to jump on something else, just in case.

Red_dog_chris    pirate
04/12/2012 at 18:12
Slower if you are on the waiting list they are hopeful to get us all in the race! EP, Cake will be good to race with you two again.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/12/2012 at 06:02

Red you mean be at the same race again

I've finaly given in to mucky school kids germs and have a cold. Pounding head, sore eyes, and a nose that won't stop dripping. Hubby being on nights and my not being able to sleep is making me feel worse.

Good job the plan starts next week so I can rest without feeling guilty!

Red_dog_chris    pirate
05/12/2012 at 18:56
Ep , Cake I can't train at the moment ( see my stupid accidents thread) But I can just see you both whizzing past me this time! ( But I will then get the icecream mwah ha ha) But I really hope those places on the waiting list become available. Happy training guys!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/12/2012 at 19:44

Thanks Cake! It does seem a little unreal when I think back but I like the plan!

Red dog you is just plan silly!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.