Outlaw 2013

961 to 980 of 2,493 messages
Britrisky    pirate
09/12/2012 at 16:54

Are the Finkers ready to rumble?  

Week 1 - Outlaws ... rrrrreadyyyy!!!  

09/12/2012 at 16:58

Started 2 weeks ago, planning on having a weeks holiday in march so I started early. Xmas parties have not been kind to my training schedule, do not feel like training today after last nights few beers 

seren nos    pirate
09/12/2012 at 17:28

I'm ready  honest.......someone tell me what i should be doing tomorrow

Britrisky    pirate
09/12/2012 at 17:49

Rest day!!

09/12/2012 at 18:23

Yup. Have rested all week in preparation for tomorrow

seren nos    pirate
09/12/2012 at 18:28

I ran long today.i think I will havr to rearrange my rest day.can't start a week on a rest day

Mr StOat    pirate
09/12/2012 at 20:05
I had a week off recovering but had lost of this last week off too with flu

Looking forward to starting, and a rest day seems like the best way, I'm good at those
The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/12/2012 at 21:04

Ok folks I need advice

I'm new to teaching - 2nd full year

I got a cold tuesday having been snotty the week before so rested totally as colds tend to lead to coughs within 48 hrs for me. Today I woke up feeling a tone better ready to rock n roll tomorrow and tonight I get the hacking cough. I know that freezing weather & hacking coughs = no training *grrrr* but how do I prevent this again? I knew I was run down as before the cold hit I started getting some spots (I hardly get them) and a mouth ulcer (again never get that) and I'd only done a coupleof heavier weeks maxing at 6hrs

piss off and haven't even started  on the plus side I haven't caught the S&D that's been going round school!

Running Postie    pirate
09/12/2012 at 21:18

cant help there other than taking echinacea to try an prevent them in the 1st place, my hacking cough was asthma!

on an upbeat note my achilles tear has healed enough for me  to cycle and use the elipticle trainer (sub for running sessions) so game on Fink!!!

09/12/2012 at 21:44

I'm spending the first week of Fink at a hotel with a superb gym and nice pool, in a moment of madness  I signed up to do a spin class at 06:30 tomorrow morning so no rest day for me.

good luck all you Finkers, enjoy the training and I hope all of you with injuries / illness are soon recovered.

Britrisky    pirate
09/12/2012 at 21:46

RP - Yay! 

EP - Ulcers at this time in the term is normal. Its been a long term. Don't be a martyr, and take time off work. You will not get a medal for going in when you're ill, and at this point in the term your defences are low anyway. Don't train when you're chesty ...

10/12/2012 at 00:25

EP - In May I changed my diet to eat much less grains and mostly veg and fruit with plenty of protein. Obviously I have to eat enough starch to keep up with training (ran 3 marathons over the summer) but it was much less than normal.

As a result I have found myself much less susceptable to the sore throats that I would get with the too little sleep/too much work that is norm in my life. Energy level is higher too.

I'm not sure that everyone would agree, but it has helped me.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
10/12/2012 at 06:49

heard about that and also that peeps are losing weight on it too.

Got to try something and the 1st 10wks of Fink Just Finish aren't tooo tough so maybe worth a go

IronCat5    pirate
10/12/2012 at 22:55

Outlaw training is a good way to lose weight. Towards the end I was having 4 or 5 meals a day and snacking almost non-stop, and still struggled to maintain a constant weight.

Britrisky    pirate
10/12/2012 at 23:04
IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

Outlaw training is a good way to lose weight. 

Oh goody - this would be a big bonus 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/12/2012 at 06:30
Britrisky wrote (see)

Oh goody - this would be a big bonus 

Woo Hoo!

Maybe this won't be a 1 off then!

seren nos    pirate
11/12/2012 at 06:35

Cat.i have always gained weight training for ironman.i even gained for the double........i think somepeople like myself think oh good i'm doing so much training i will lose weight but them overcompensate big time.... big brekkie before goingout on the bike.eat whilst out and thena big meal to refuel.then add some treatsbecause i have been so good  doing a long bike.and before you know it you are stuffing yourself silly..

so my advise to those who have a little problem with the weight.....just keep track and be sensible...........

seren nos    pirate
11/12/2012 at 06:36

and i have decided as its cold i will not take my bike to manchester as if its icy and i fall off its a long way to have to drive home in pain.will take swim kit and ruinning kit and repolicate yesterdays sessions.not ideal but at least it gets rid of the swim sessions for the week

The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/12/2012 at 06:51

Seren that's always been me with marafuns. I'm hoping that as most of my training will be pre-work meaning I can't eat before and rushing after I may (haha) control it

11/12/2012 at 13:09

Oh, thats ok then. Im on a diet love - I need to eat a TT bike to meet my goals....thats why its under the tree !

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.