Outlaw 2013

1,161 to 1,180 of 2,491 messages
17/01/2013 at 14:45

How you guys getting on with the weather?

Only had swimming and gym this week so far with a trainer ride tonight.  My plan has a 2 hr run and a 3hr bike at the weekend which should be fun.  No way can I spend 3hrs on the turbo.

seren nos    pirate
17/01/2013 at 15:08

Hagakure...........I have bben thinking about this and thinking that maybe I can do 3 x1 hour sessions instead of a single session...get up and eat and maybe sleep and then force myself back onto it.....

17/01/2013 at 20:31

Swimming was cancelled tonight so ive missed both sessions this week due to weather, dissapointed with myself. kept up with the running and cycling though.

How about doing a long brick turbo session if not nice enough to ride outside this weekend something like 1hr turbo 30 run and repeat twice?  

Iron Pingu    pirate
17/01/2013 at 21:20

I'm dreading a weekend on the turbo!  Better rent some good dvds!!

seren nos    pirate
17/01/2013 at 21:25

i'm waiting to nsee who cn go the longest on the turbo..........i must remember to change the seat first

18/01/2013 at 09:12

1 hr interval session on the turbo last night went surprisingly quickly.

I'm going to try 2 hrs tomorrow morning and a short run.  We've had about 6 inches of snow overnight so yax-trax on the trainers I think.  2 hr turbo session fills me with dread but I'll just have to get on with it.

2 hr run on Sunday morning should be okay though.  Don't really mind running x-country in the snow.

Weights at the gym in todays plan.  Think I'll just do a core session at home.  I'm not driving in that.

Ironholgs    pirate
18/01/2013 at 09:18

Just finished writing my 24 week plan - I start Monday.

Iron Pingu    pirate
18/01/2013 at 09:39

Got about 3 inches of snow here and it's still snowing.  I'm kinda  because, well, it's snow!  But  cos that's a weekend of cycling gone.

seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 12:23

snap pingu.just done a couple of hours running.............and still debating how I'm going to tackle the bike this weekend

18/01/2013 at 13:41
Ironholgs wrote (see)

Just finished writing my 24 week plan - I start Monday.

I hope your starting with the honorary rest day Holgs 

Iron Pingu    pirate
18/01/2013 at 14:29
seren nos wrote (see)

snap pingu.just done a couple of hours running.............and still debating how I'm going to tackle the bike this weekend

Well, I'm run injured, so that's off and my mountain bikes knackered, so turbo is only option really.  Think the local pool is shut too.  Nice snow pictures btw

Broke and Seren, we're going to have to sort some long bike rides out in the spring

JvR
18/01/2013 at 14:38

Hit and miss on the training between work deadlines and ilness over the last two weeks. Have managed a couple of runs and bike sessions on the turbo.

As from a week Monday though I get to have lots of fun with my training as it looks like I'm going on secondment to our Malvern office and so have the delights of 3 or 4 months, at least away, from home in a hotel.

Rejigged my training schedule to have long bike on Friday, long run on Saturday and a long session at the pool on a Sunday morning. I'm hoping that the hotel will at least have some facilities even if its just a gym with bikes and a treadmill.

seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 15:08

yes pingu.

we need to start soon......

18/01/2013 at 16:46

Well long run completed in lovely snow. Thought I'd get it in today as tomorrow it will be slushy and slippery and icy so feeling really virtuous

Rest day tomorow and really can't see the bike happening on sunday

I've only ever done 1 hour on the turbo...

seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 16:47

snap SS........

Britrisky    pirate
18/01/2013 at 22:23

With the Kit Fairy's guiding hand, I'm going to do an order so that a nice yellow golf umbrella with a fetching black logo might

a. Keep my supporter(s) dry / happy at Outlaw / Henley / Lanza (delete as appropriate)

b. Make them feel they're a part of this happy ship ...

c. Make them easier for me to spot

If you reckon you'd like one too, then pop over to the Pirate Umbrella thread and add yourself to the list (need another 7 for a minimum order of 25). Looking at around £18 plus postage - full details on thread ... 

19/01/2013 at 11:26

Pingu when the weather thaws out we will have to arrange something.

I am thinkning of doing this route sometime, it goes quite close to you, could adjust it to pass yours easily. Route 
The route is from the Devils sportive and has a couple of hills in it  

seren nos    pirate
19/01/2013 at 11:40

I'll be up for it Broke

Iron Pingu    pirate
19/01/2013 at 15:38

Looks good

19/01/2013 at 16:15
If there is room for another I'd love to join you lot for a spring ride
1,161 to 1,180 of 2,491 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.