Outlaw 2013

1,261 to 1,280 of 2,491 messages
OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
29/01/2013 at 21:40

I was despairing about not getting an email from OSB about the waiting list....
thinking I maybe had not actually added my name to the reserve list...

However..

an email appeared today saying they still have places and I can phone them if I want one

So, could be worth a gamble, assuming I get through Lanza, I'll be on the start line

game on Seren

IronCat5    pirate
29/01/2013 at 21:57

OC - you realise Outlaw also has the run thing at the end?

29/01/2013 at 22:53
I mentioned i might run/walk or walk the maratjon at lanza to my physio..... He was not impressed!

Im still gonna give it a go though

If its ugly ill convert the outlaw entry to a team entry and find a marathon runner somewhere......
M.r Zuvai    pirate
29/01/2013 at 23:17

im happy to be a stand-by runner for you OC - if you can do it fantastic, but if you decide you need a runner closer to the day, then ill jump in for you

seren nos    pirate
30/01/2013 at 07:41

OC..hope that it will all come good for you at lanza........

But if Mr Z does have to run the marathon for you at Outlaw then all bets are off

30/01/2013 at 13:46

OK - I am in
Mr Z  - I'll let you know post Lanza if I need your services, (Mid May)
If that's too late for you, then let me know and we can discuss this now.....

Edited: 30/01/2013 at 13:47
M.r Zuvai    pirate
30/01/2013 at 15:18

OC - there's no hurry, i'll be marathon fit for VLM, which ill  then be maintaining towards Challenge Henly, so you can leave it quite late to see how you recover post Lanza

31/01/2013 at 13:03
Doner Kebab wrote (see)
JustKeepSwimming wrote (see)

Week 12 - *gulp*

why d'ya have to go and say that - i got my plan pinned up above the PC and havent even thought about how many weeks there is left - but i just checked, why you on week 12, for one second i thought there was only 18 weeks until the outlaw which would also mean that i only had 13 weeks until the double, which scared the shit out of me. a quick count says 23 weeks till outlaw. phew.

Yeah, sorry about that I shouldn't post week updates, I'll worry everyone! I know I have a few holidays and work commitments between now and July, so I've planned around them and started a few weeks early! (i.e.: i'll take the full week off, and repeat the week before when I return). 

The swim sessions are somewhat depressing. Having realised quite quickly I can't fit the sets into the hour, I just went for distance and managed to beat the tedium of pool swimming to knock out 1.9k in 44 mins. What's a good middle of pack time for that? I think I need to improve a little!

seren nos    pirate
31/01/2013 at 13:06

that makes a 1:30 full......not sure about middle of pack.but definitely not near the end of the pack by a long way.race day adrenaline etc  ( as long as you enjoy open water ) should make that faster again

31/01/2013 at 14:04

looks like it's back to the drawing board with the swimming then....

Ironholgs    pirate
31/01/2013 at 15:05

Am sidelined with a chest infection for 1-2 weeks, very frustrating as week 1 of plan went really well.

Britrisky    pirate
31/01/2013 at 22:37
That's rotten, Holgs. I've just been grounded for 3 weeks with sprained ankle - he was very strict and told me to RICE at work (in whose reality is that??)

At least I can still swim and turbo, so will try to keep to Fink and just swap running for turbo. At least one part of my anatomy might benefit from increased saddle time ...
IronCat5    pirate
31/01/2013 at 22:57
Britrisky wrote (see)
That's rotten, Holgs. I've just been grounded for 3 weeks with sprained ankle - he was very strict and told me to RICE at work (in whose reality is that??)

At least I can still swim and turbo, so will try to keep to Fink and just swap running for turbo. At least one part of my anatomy might benefit from increased saddle time ...

Good luck. Were you shown how to tape the ankle to support in on the turbo?

Britrisky    pirate
31/01/2013 at 23:00
No - Not sure what you mean??
IronCat5    pirate
31/01/2013 at 23:05

Turboing may still be painful for the ankle. I did something similar in Sep and turboed for 4 weeks, and didn't run.

You can tape your ankle up to provide some more support so it doesn't hurt when on the bike.Sommit like this. I just used normal sports tape.

02/02/2013 at 19:05

Hi crazy crazy people,

I havent been on here for a while (as if I do it makes it REAL that Im doing the Outlaw)

I have been hitting all my training days for Fink training plan ....... had a bit of a wobble this week and feel fat and moody lol, cant believe we are almost a third into training

Hope everyone is well and feeling fit

M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 19:11
EricIsBananaMan wrote (see)

Hi crazy crazy people,

Hope everyone is well and feeling fit

I think you have mistaken us for Tritalk

02/02/2013 at 19:16

lol

OK I hope everyone is looking fit

M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 19:18

Born blagging it  

seren nos    pirate
02/02/2013 at 19:24

8 weeks down 22 to go.loads of time

1,261 to 1,280 of 2,491 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.