Outlaw 2013

1,301 to 1,320 of 2,508 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/02/2013 at 13:13

what is the chances of a first timer doing 17hrs actually being fit to drive home sunday night? Should I camp sunday night too?? I can take work clothes and shower at work assuming I can move to drive that is.

09/02/2013 at 13:58

EP - I imagine you will be shattered and in need of a rest! Camp on the Sunday and hope you can drive to work in the morning. 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/02/2013 at 14:20

i keep reading about people need drips and this is also a worry!!

Britrisky    pirate
09/02/2013 at 14:37
MC - are you sure you need to decide now? You could see how the next month goes and then decide? I would have thought 16 weeks is long enough to train for a marathon??? Or maybe it's easier to take the pressure off completely?
09/02/2013 at 14:41

Brit - seeing as I can't run now, I can't imagine being able to work up to marathon distance from nothing in the time there is, and want to give trogs and happychap time to find someone else

Britrisky    pirate
09/02/2013 at 17:10
I guess You have to think of this exercise malarky as an investment - a missed event this year to get many year's worth in the future.

I'm in the same boat myself - wondering whether I have enough weeks for Blackpool mara in April, and not due to start back running for another fortnight ... I'll be cutting it fine if I do ...
seren nos    pirate
09/02/2013 at 18:02

EP...for most first timers i think it would be hard tp drive home as they do not know how their bodies will react.......

that said a lot will find it hard to drive the next morning as they will have stiffened up by then.......

i would advise all first timers to have someone else with tyhem to drive home if necessary or to wait until the tuesday.....

some people need drips..others have bad stomach issues after the adrenaline of the day starts to wear off.some have pulled muscles etc and some are just totally fatigued especially if you had poor sleep prior to the race,,,,,,,,

others can get up and do an ironman the next day

09/02/2013 at 18:43

brit - yeah, I was supposed to be doing a marathon in April too, not even sure that I will be capable of doing a half mara in April but never mind, still got my sights on outlaw half, so long as I can do the swim and bike then I can walk the run if I have to

Trogs    pirate
09/02/2013 at 20:37

Bad news about your knee Maths

Have replied to your message. Don't think relay team members' names need to be confirmed for a while yet, so we can make a plan B so you can see how your knee progresses and you can still join in if it looks good.

10/02/2013 at 09:12

thanks trogs!

14/02/2013 at 00:28

Hi all! Hope you're all training well! Over and above the seemingly popular campsite, does anyone have any hotel recommendations? The Premier Inn (London Road) which was my preference is full (and probably has been for a while!). Any convenient alternative options?! Bit late in the day I know!

M...eldy    pirate
14/02/2013 at 00:51

I think it was The White Swan guest house/B&B  down the road that a few people used before, I might have totally made that name up but its something like that  

Mr StOat    pirate
14/02/2013 at 07:58
Morning all. Mrs Matt appears to have found lots of emoticons on her phone and had created the Outlaw text
The story of outlaw....??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
BluePeter    pirate
14/02/2013 at 08:31
Bit late to the party but due to work commitments not allowing me to do the brutal half in September, i have made the decision to bring my training forward and double the intensity by doing Outlaw...cheers SA for assisting in this decision
The Silent Assassin    pirate
14/02/2013 at 09:54

don't blame me

Razor51    pirate
15/02/2013 at 19:43
Yeah, blame him. ;-D
seren nos    pirate
15/02/2013 at 20:00

its going toi be a good weekend.only 20 weeks to go 

15/02/2013 at 20:01

Evening all.  Just thought I would drop a line.  I'm on the starting list for outlaw.  I've been doing triathlon  10 years and it's going to be my first full distance.  I thought  it would be a good idea to touch base with folk who are going to be in the same predicament  me.  I'm following finks intermediate program.  see you on the start line!

seren nos    pirate
15/02/2013 at 20:06

Hi malcolm.......

meface    pirate
15/02/2013 at 22:02

Reporting for duty - and set for training.

Training as fun ends Sunday!

1,301 to 1,320 of 2,508 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.